Friday, January 9, 2009

The Warmth Before the Frost

To start, we won't even talk about my last post...Such a sad night last night. Anyway, today was such a nice day! Kolton HAD to be outside! He loves to run around in the front yard (we have 3 Great Danes and a lab...the back yard is not good for little boys running around...)! We decided since a CRAZY cold front was coming tonight that we would let him play outside a few times. He absolutely LOVED it!

I tried to teach him that you kick a soccer ball. He just throws every ball he has. He picked up on it pretty fast and really like walking around kicking the ball.

He seriously is getting more and more fun to play with! I talk to Brady about it all the time. It is so fun to see his personality develop and watch him learn new things! Titan, our blue Great Dane, is the head you see in the picture.
And what is a day outside with a one year old little boy without eating grass??

5 comments:

boys in the hood said...

Isn't being a parent so rewarding?! It is so fun watching them grow and develop into a little person. Kolton is such a a cutie!

The Neales said...

thanks for the comment! It sure did get cold last night, huh? I can't believe Kolton is a year old! Time flies! He is so cute!

Scrappy said...

I love those first few years. Well, I love it all, really. But those first few years it is so fun to watch them. Everything is new and exciting for them.
I will try to remember to call you this week and come and see the puppies with Lucky.

The Foys said...

I still can't believe he's walking. That's so stinking crazy! I think he's going to be a soccer play for sure!

Michele said...

Hey! Moving truly stinks! Dallin has been such a trooper. He amazes me everyday. We were in Dallas this last weekend trying to find an apartment to stay in until we have an idea of what areas we would want a house in. We found a couple we liked and that weren't to far from work. But seriously, the worst thing. So Friday morning as we are leaving the hotel to do some searching, Cameron got a phone call from a company here in Tucson that he had interviewed with a couple of months ago wanting to interview him again for a brand new position. AARGH! So frustrating. Raytheon was such a blessing, sure moving was a trial but we were going to do it. Now we don't know what we are going to do because of this new offer. Either way I'm still packing because we are going to move. Every one has been telling us it is such a great delima to be in but I would rather not have it. I don't know what we are supposed to do or where we are supposed to be. So we will see how his interview goes tomorrow.

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers