Monday, September 13, 2010

little BOYS

I have become a firm believer that boys are crazy. There is something in them that makes them the way they are. That makes them run without end, yell and scream, play cars as loud as they can...just anything crazy. It seems like no matter if you give them "violent toys" or not, they still find someway to be crazy. Its just something innate in boys. I swear. I've never really seen little girls act the way little boys do. I try so hard to tame Kolton's wild side--I do...but sometimes I feel like it is an unbeatable battle. He's just going to be crazy. I'm just going to have to settle with setting some boundaries and parameters for his craziness. :)
For example:
What 2 year old sweet little girl would go upstairs to find a mattress leaning up against the wall and think it to be a good idea to run full speed at it only to run in to it and be slammed to the ground? Kolton and Kade decided it would be a fun thing to do! And so they did it over and over and over...for days...and still do it! Only boys can be found doing something so crazy! And I'm so glad to have my little boy to show me how sometimes its just fun to be crazy!


-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Kolton has loved building towers lately. He has slipped away from his obsession with basketball and now loves cars and blocks. He doesn't have duplos so he settles for these sport blocks and stacking cups with a little Buzz Lightyear thrown in there for good measure! ;)


He was very proud of his tower each and every time he built it and kept telling me that he was going to show daddy when he got home from work. *Love this guy!!*

3 comments:

Mary Moffett said...

Well, I guess you know one present you will be getting him for Christmas this year! I can still picture the picture we took of you standing next to your duplo block tower you built when you were 2! It was taller than you were and you were so proud!

Michele said...

haha! Boys are SO crazy but a lot of fun. Kolton would probably love the duplos. We got some for Dallin for his birthday and he can't get enough of them. We got him a Cars set and a Toy Story set. I think if our boys ever got together it would be hilarious!

daegan said...

there really is some sort of "distruction" and "rowdiness" in little boys... it IS naturally in them. you wait till a girl is around, WOOOOW there is a lot of sass! and i don't think boog will ever quite building towers. if he's at the counter and what ever is in arms reach... it magically becomes a tower. but i sure do love little boys and their crazy thinkin' minds!

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers