Friday, July 1, 2011

SUMMER

Oh, the joys of summer. A hot, hot summer. We've had so many days that have gone over 100 degrees I've lost count. Its hot. That's all I need to remember. :)
BUT, with the hot temperatures comes lots and lots of fun new things to do and celebrate! ;) Sunday, the 19th was Father's Day. Brady is such an amazing father. As time goes on, I'm more and more amazed with how well he fits the role. ;) On Saturday, the 18th, Brady and Kolton took me shopping to the mall to pick out a new shirt or two. Before we left, Kolton was drinking one of those IBC cream sodas (in the glass bottles). It slipped out of his hand and he dropped it on the kitchen floor and miraculously it landed straight up and down but it started fizzing out the top. We quickly picked it up and cleaned it up. Then, we left for the mall. After a while Kolton was getting hungry, so we stopped by Auntie Anne's to get a pretzel and a drink. I went in to a store and Brady and Kolton sat on the bench to eat and drink their snack. Kolton tried to put the drink in between his legs, but the benches are made of wooden slats, so the drink wobbled and fell to the floor and red juice went flying everywhere. Anyway, the point of these stories is that Brady stayed calm the whole time. He didn't freak out and get all mad, he cleaned up the messes and then talked to Kolton calmly but firmly about how we need to be more careful with our drinks. He loves and cares for Kolton so much and I love watching them together. He loves to play with him and teach him new things. We were glad to celebrate him and the wonderful father that he is.
After church on Father's day we went to Brady's parent's house to celebrate my birthday, Brady's birthday, Father's Day, and Brady's dad's birthday. We had grilled steak and chicken and followed that up with a cake Vanessa made. Oh how I love the Thunder!!
After dinner we went home and Brady was ready for bed. ;) He started a paper route and the hours you work for a paper route make for a very long and tiring day (yet another reason he's a great dad!).

Kolton has taken on an obsession with playing out in the water on the trampoline. He'll do it for 2-3 hours at a time. He loves to see how high he can spray the water (our hose is cut off at the end so the only way you can make it spray is using your fingers--and their isn't much water pressure because of it either, so its pretty hard to get it up high). He told me one time that the water was going really high and that it was going to reach the moon. ;)

He also loves to try and spray me while I sit out on lawn chairs and try to get my tan going. I miss Jeff and Vanessa's apartment pool! We had such a good time hanging out with them (almost every day) last summer at their pool! I also loved how by this time last year I was nice and tan--even my legs! If you know me at all, you know my legs DO NOT tan! The rest of my body is always easily 6-8 shades darker then my legs-at least! I'm not even kidding. Anyway, so he tries to spray me. ;)

And jump really high! I got on there and I don't think I ever recognized this when I was a kid, but when the tramp is wet it is extra springy. You can go HIGH without much effort.



On Friday, the 24th, Kolton had his very first sleepover!! I didn't tell him until the day of because we were surprising Brady. It was Brady's birthday on Sunday, the 26th, so Brittney agreed to have Kolton stay the night the 24th so Brady and I could sleep in and hang out as just a couple. I dropped Kolton off at the Foys at 4:00 and then went and picked Brady up from work. He knew we were going to dinner that night, so he was expecting that. We went to Genghis Grill for dinner. Love that place! So yummy! After dinner he asked if we needed to go pick up Kolton and that's when I told him he was staying the night. He was SO excited! We rented a redbox movie and ate ice cream and just relaxed at home. Kolton had a blast and did lots of fun things with Kade. They went to Andy Alligators and played golf--probably one of Kolton's favorite things to do!




Then they went to Chick-fil-a and ate dinner and then they got to play in the sprinklers in Kade's front yard.

I like this picture because it depicts something Kolton does all the time! When he gets mad, sad, excited, scared, cold...anything extreme he usually does this with his hands. His fingers are all extended and stretched out to the max... I'm glad Brittney got it in a picture so I could have it!

Afterward they ate yummy Popsicles that stained their skin! ;)

I tried to talk to Kolton on the phone before he went to bed to say good night but he was NOT interested. I was afraid it might make him want to come home but he couldn't careless. I tried to ask him questions and he just walked away from the phone to go play more. Haha. Brittney said it didn't take them too long once they went to bed to fall asleep.

We picked him up in the morning around 10:30 or so and he didn't want to come home. I'm so glad he had such a good time and that Brady and I were able to spend the night together and sleep in in the morning. We told Kolton thank you for being good at Kade's house and his reply was "my pleasure." This phrase has since been added to his regular vocabulary. I love it.

No comments:

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers