So, Monday night, Brady had to close at the bank so he was going to not be home until after we had left for basketball practice. Kolton and I ate dinner and then we left to go to practice. As we were driving there he started complaining that his stomach hurt. I asked him if we should go home or if he'd be ok. He said he'd be ok so we continued to drive to practice. When we pulled in to the parking lot he started moaning and so I told Kolton I thought we should go home because he obviously didn't feel well. He agreed (which meant he really didn't feel good). I called Brady and told him we were on our way home and good thing I did because he was driving over to practice to surprise Kolton. Anyway, as we pulled in to the driveway Kolton totally threw up all over his seat and the floor of the car. It was lovely. I felt so bad for him. He hates being sick. I was so glad, too, that we had decided to drive home instead of go in to practice because that would have just been so embarrassing to have him throw up in the middle of practice. Brady took Kolton inside and gave him a bath and I cleaned up the car because Brady just can't do throw up. I will admit it was a pretty gross one. Kolton dry heaved a couple more times during the night that night (we brought his mattress into our room) but was fine the next day.
Here are some pictures of Kolton and I from Monday afternoon when we played basketball together outside. He's so goofy! :)
Tuesday I had to go buy some laundry soap because we ran out. They didn't have any of the kind I usually buy and the cheapest one they had was $10.77 so I decided to finally try making my own laundry soap. I didn't have the list of ingredients with me so I just tried to remember everything I needed. It ended up costing me almost $13 to buy the ingredients and I still have enough of everything (except the bar of soap) to make another batch. I'm thinking my batch will last me about 80-100 loads (which will last me about 8-10 weeks). I usually go through a box of laundry soap every 3 weeks or so (its a small box) and it costs me $5. So, this should be cheaper and it just felt good to make my own soap. I felt like I was doing something to help our family.
Grating the bar of fels naptha was the hardest part. My arm was so tired when I was done! :)
The finished product!
I used 2 lbs borax
2 lbs super washing soda
1 1/2 lbs oxy clean
1 bar fels naptha
1/2 bottle of purex crystals (just to make the laundry smell good...after I use the other half of the bottle I may try using essential oils)
I like it so far. The first thing I washed was the dog's bedding and it didn't stink once it was washed so that's a good sign! I may try and make a liquid version once this is gone. We'll see.
We ended up having to do a police report for Brady for his identity theft that way he can have an alert on his social security number for 7 years. He talked to our friend Jason, who is a detective for the Moore police, and he said that they really like to go after people like this so hopefully they find out who did this. I'm just curious to see if it will be linked back to one of the car dealerships we visited because that's the only thing we've done recently where someone could have gotten our information.
I stayed with Madison Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday night because Brady's parents were out of town. We were all supposed to go over there but since Kolton had thrown up on Monday night we decided to keep him away from her so she wouldn't get sick.
Thursday night I went and played volleyball with some ladies from church. It was so fun. I've never played before so I was pretty nervous and self conscious but I had a good time. They'd cheer for me every time I'd hit the ball, so that was nice. Haha. I only got hit in the face once with the ball, so that was good. :)
Saturday morning Kolton had a basketball game. Brady didn't have to work so he was able to come! Kolton played really well! There was a boy on the other team that was really good and Kolton's coach had Kolton switch arm bands with another kid so he could guard him and Kolton did really well. It really made Kolton step up his game even more and he played 10 times better than he normally does (and he normally plays really well). It was awesome to watch!
We came home after his game and ate grilled cheese sandwiches and then we went and did some shopping. After that we came home and watched Star Wars. Kolton wants to watch all three of them with Brady like they did with Lord of the Rings. Both Kolton and Brady fell asleep during the second movie, though. Kolton on the ottoman and Brady on the couch. :)
Saturday evening I met some ladies at the church at 5:15 to go drive up to a leadership meeting by the temple. We stopped at Panera Bread for dinner on the way and had a good time chatting. Our meeting was really good and we had a member of the General Primary Presidency there, Sister Esplin. We got home a little after 10:00.
Aldi had strawberries and blueberries for $1.19 a package last week so I bought two of each. Kolton has been begging me to buy him blueberries for months but I just can't bring myself to spend $3.99 on a tiny thing of blueberries. I can, however, spend $1.19 so he was pretty excited. :)
Sunday we had church and I did sharing time again. We played a matching game to learn about the blessings we have received by coming to earth and receiving bodies.
After church we took a nap. Took us a while to actually fall asleep because of the two crazy boys in our family but it was fun.
After naps we went to Brady's parents house to celebrate Vanessa's birthday.
Monday I cleaned (as usual) while Kolton played outside (as usual).
After I was done cleaning I took Kolton to walmart to pick out some Valentines. I toyed with the idea of making our own but I decided why spend more money and time for the kids to just throw them away, haha, so we just bought a couple packages. He picked one out for the girls in his class and one for the boys.
After school he sat down and wrote every one's names on their valentines and signed his name on them all. It took him a while but he did a good job!
Once we were done we went outside and, you guessed it, played basketball together. The sky looked pretty crazy that evening. We then came inside and called Shawn, because it was his birthday!
Brady had to close again on Monday so he met us at Kolton's last basketball practice. Kind of sad. Its been a fun season.
Tuesday it snowed! So, Kolton and I laid around all morning and watched cartoons and I read. It was fun! While we were laying there Kolton said to me, "Mom, you're beautiful. Even in your pajamas, you're beautiful." It was too sweet. What was funny, though, is that that morning, on the mirror, Brady's thing he wrote that he loved about me was that he thinks I look "sexy in pajamas." Kolton obviously had no idea he had written that because he can't read, but I thought it was awesome how they both said they love me, even in pajamas. Kolton will make an awesome husband someday if he continues to follow in his dad's footsteps. :)
Tuesday night Brady played basketball. Kolton's basketball coach came, along with his wife and son, Riley. He and Kolton sat and watched their dads play for a little bit and cheered them on. It was cute.


















No comments:
Post a Comment