Wednesday, September 25, 2013

First Day of Kindergarten

Thursday night Brady gave Kolton a blessing for the school year.  Always a tender moment. 
Friday morning Kolton had a hard time waking up.  He wasn't cranky because he was excited to go to school, but he was tired.  ;) He laid in his bed and watched part of a cartoon before getting up and getting in the shower and getting ready.  We then ate cinnamon rolls (his choice) for breakfast as a family.  




 Oh he is just ADORABLE!



 We had to wait in line outside before they let anyone in to the school at 9:00.  We were able to meet his principal, Mr. Johnson, while we were waiting. 

I showed him how to get to his class and he hung up his backpack on a hook and got his name tag and found his seat in the classroom. 
He kept helping kids open their playdough containers, it was so sweet.  He did not want me to leave, though.  I told him he'd be fine and that I had a surprise for him if he was brave today.  He then gave me a big hug, told me he loved me and I left. 
 
 I took a quick picture of him and his teacher, Mrs. Whitney. 

 When I picked him up he was excited to show me what they worked on in class that day.  He had a good day but was excited to come home. 
We went home for a little bit and then headed to McDonalds for lunch and met Brady there.  He was allowed to get a Happy Meal since it was a special day and then we gave him his surprise.  We got him the movie Tarzan (we'd checked it out from the library a couple times and he really liked it) and a bag of chips.  He was excited.  It was a good first day for him.  I couldn't believe he was in kindergarten, though! So crazy! In so many ways he is still my little baby.  I'm grateful that he is able to be in half day.  I don't think he would like being gone all day this year and I'm glad I still get to spend time with him during the day. I'm going to miss that time next year, I just know it.  

No comments:

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers