Tuesday, March 10, 2015

Snow Days and Bentley's New Tricks

Sunday, March 1, church was cancelled because of snow and ice we had received the days prior.  We relaxed all day and enjoyed a nice nap in the afternoon.  It was great! We then had the Himes and Widdisons over for dinner.  We just made a bunch of breakfast foods and played games.  It was a lot of fun!
Monday for our activity for FHE we played hide and seek and Bentley loved it!! He took turns hiding with either Brady or I and it was so funny because as you'd come in to the room he was hiding in he'd start squealing and laughing so there was no hiding where you were.  It was too funny! He liked finding people too.  Kolton of course loved it...he loves to play that game! He can fit in to such tiny spaces too that sometimes it is hard to find him.
Tuesday was National Pancake Day so I went to IHOP with Jill, Sarah, Joni and Annette and ate a free short stack of pancakes.  It was a lot of fun, as usual! After that I went to Kolton's school to help.  I ended up grading papers and it was a lot of fun! It was just fun watching the kids interact with each other and with me.  I love going up there.  Tuesday night I made Kolton and Bentley some pancakes for dinner and Bentley decided to wipe syrup and soggy pancakes in his hair so I put him in the bath right afterwards.  Kolton wanted to join him so they took a bath together.  Bentley loved it.  Kolton, not so much.  Haha.  There wasn't hardly any water in there and so he was pretty cold.   

 I love these two boys so much!
 Wednesday school was cancelled because we were supposed to receive an ice storm later that day.  We decided to go to Journey church with some friends to help split up the day and let the kids run around and play.  I love going there because I can sit and chat with my friends all the while being able to see the kids and Bentley can't get to any high spots where I have to worry about him falling so it is great! He looked so cute that day too.  Kolton didn't think so haha.  He told me to take a picture of Bentley and send it to Brady to see if Brady liked it because he was sure Brady wouldn't. 
The storm didn't end up coming until later that evening/during the night and so school got cancelled on Thursday too.  I was supposed to go get my hair done that afternoon, though, so Brady's parents watched the boys for me.  
 Thursday night was our relief society activity and it was decorating cakes.  We learned how to do rosettes and it was fun! I had a really good time. 
 Friday I texted Jill and asked her if she wanted to trade babysitting because I wanted to go to Kolton's class that afternoon so I watched her girls in the morning and then took them home around 12:30 and then left Bentley at her house so that then I could go to Kolton's class.  I helped them make a "Cat in the Hat" and helped organize some things in the classroom and decorate a bulletin board. 

 Friday night we went to the Himes for dessert and play games.  We played a card game called SALAD and it was a lot of fun.  Brady ended up in first place, I got second, Jill got third, and Mark lost by a lot! Haha. 
 Bentley has learned some new tricks lately.  He can now open our doors so that has been fun! Haha.  He is constantly getting in to the pantry and trying to get food.  He has also learned the word cookie because of this.  Haha.  He calls it "caca." He also learned to unload the silverware from the dishwasher and he loves that!


 Saturday I guess Brady's dad was trying to burn some cattails in their creek and the fire jumped on to the grass and ended up burning a chunk of their property.  They had to call the fire department and everything.  They said they were pretty scared for a bit trying to get it under control before the firemen came. 


No comments:

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers