Bentley is quite a snuggle bug. I love it! Especially with me. He will snuggle his face into my cheek. It is so sweet!
He and I hung out while Brady and Kolton went to go see the Avengers movie. Kolton and Brady had been trying to see it for like a week but we kept having bad weather so when it was finally not stormy they headed out to go see it. They really liked it!
Mother's Day was so great! I was made french toast for breakfast--my favorite! Then I got to listen to Kolton sing in sacrament with all the primary kids and I loved it. It was perfect. We tried to snap a picture of us after church but had to do a "selfie" because Brady was still at the church counting tithing. I love how they all turned out. These boys are too cute!
Mother's Day was also Bentley's first day in nursery. He did awesome! Brady stayed in there with him for the first hour and then left him for the second and they said he did great! Can't believe he is in nursery already! I also can't believe how well he's done either. Especially since all the nursery leaders are men but he doesn't seemed phased by that.
Ok, these boys are seriously the cutest thing I have ever seen!
I just love them with all my heart. And this picture has got to be the cutest picture I've ever seen! They are just perfectly handsome.
We went to Brady's parents for dinner on Mother's Day. We had spaghetti and salads. It was also a celebration for Jaycee's birthday, Landon, Carter, and Rigdon's birthdays. Bentley looks grumpy in this picture but that is because of the flash. He was just sitting, chilling on Grandpa's lap.
Bentley has recently started to love having books read to him. He will bring you book after book after book and so Kolton has begun to get in on the action. Haha. it is so cute!
Kolton had his team party on May 14th. Kevin passed out medals and they ate cupcakes and played around before their game.
Kolton came home from school on the 15th and said he got an award at school that day for learning all his sight words this year. He thought that was pretty cool!
They also had a shop for the kids to buy things with their A.R. points.
He bought Thunder face paint, a little toy, and a piece of gum. He had the second most A.R. points in his class.
That night we watched the Himes while they went to the temple and he wanted to try out his face paint with them so I painted all their faces. They thought that was pretty fun.
The next day Kolton had his last soccer game of the season. He scored 4 goals in that game and their team ended their season undefeated and in first place in their division. He score 27 goals throughout the 8 game season. He really grew and developed as a player and team member. It was awesome to watch.
The boy who has the ball in this picture below is named Nolan. He and Kolton work really well together out there on the field. They assist each other on probably half of their goals. One of them will take the ball down the field and the other will space themselves so perfectly that the other will cross it over and the other will kick it in and score. It is awesome to watch. We all just yell "Center it!" and they know what to do. :) In this sequence Nolan assists Kolton in getting one of his goals.
So happy after scoring. :)
A lot of times coach would have Kolton do the goal kick even if he wasn't goalie.
And then one thing Kolton has really gotten good at is throw-ins. He is phenomenal at those. Everyone always asks him how he does it so good. He can throw it half way across the field easily without lifting his feet. He will get it over all the defenders and in the perfect spot for a teammate to get the ball and score. Its awesome.
We had Parker come over one day after school and Kolton wanted to do face paint again.
Kolton's first grade program was Thursday, the 21st of May. It was so cute to watch them sing their little songs and Kolton got to say a little part. They then passed out awards. There were 6 awards you could receive and Kolton got them all. Mathematician, Spelling (he never had to take a spelling test the entire school year because he got 100% on every single one of his pre-tests!), neat handwriting, reading at least 100 books from the library, doing well on his A.R. tests, and the Pacer award for P.E.
Kolton had his last day of 1st grade on Friday, the 22nd. It is always so bittersweet. I surprised him and brought donuts for his class. They all loved that!
Friday night we went over to the Brammers for dinner to meet Dylen and Madison's boyfriend and fiance. Dylen had proposed to Cheyanna that afternoon. We had a great time seeing them and hanging out. Kolton stayed the night there because he was leaving in the morning to go to Florida with everyone. Lucky him! We came home around 9:00 and the Foys came into town around 9:30 or 9:45. We stayed up chatting with them until like 1:30 I think. It was so great to see them as always. Saturday Brittney bought these flowers for our sweet Lillian's birthday. I thought that was so sweet of her! The pink lillies are still alive and sitting on my table. :) We celebrated Halley's birthday that evening with cake and ice cream. They then left Sunday morning.
Sunday I was so sad. I missed Kolton and felt a little helpless since I couldn't be there to take care of him or anything. Monday we decided to have the Widdisons and Landrums over since it was Memorial Day. We grilled up some hotdogs and hamburgers and played around. It was a lot of fun. They left around 4:30 and then Brady and I were scheduled to go on a date at 5:30 to go see a movie. Brittany Salisbury babysat Bentley and we had a great time going out.
The week Kolton was gone it just felt weird. I felt out of routine and just missed having him around. I tried to stay busy with Bentley. :) He has discovered a love of watermelon this summer already and is obsessed with it. He sees it, he wants it. And will eat a ton of it!
I took him to the mall to play for a little bit because all the playgrounds were still really muddy from all the rain we had received the week before. He had a blast.
Kolton called us every day and besides Sunday, every time we talked to him he was in such a good mood and was having a great time! He loved swimming in the pool and playing at the beach. The only thing he said he didn't like was the "sea shells that are alive and the crabs." Haha.
He got home Saturday night and we were so excited to see him!! Bentley was excited too and kept giving Kolton hugs. It was so sweet. Then when we got home he brought him a book and backed up into his lap so he could read it to him. So sweet.
Sunday we went to Jeff and Vanessa's ward so we could go to a 9:00 church so that then Dylen, Cheyanna, Madison, Taylor, and Brady's parents could come over for lunch before Dylen and Cheyanna had to fly back to Utah. They just wanted to be able to see Brady and I since they had just been able to spend an entire week with everyone else. We grilled, played Uno, and hung out.
Monday Kolton had a doctor's appointment to have his wart looked at that is on his knee. We've been trying to get rid of it for a year and just cannot. Poor Kolton was terrified and broke down in the doctor's office. He finally was able to calm down and let them treat the wart. They froze it (and charged me $130 for it so hopefully it works). We are supposed to go back in a month for them to evaluate it. After the appointment we headed to Frontier City to go play because it was beautiful outside. Like a high of 78 beautiful. We picked up Beckett so Kolton could have a buddy to go on rides with. They just went from ride to ride and had to hardly wait in any lines.
We hit the water area for a little before we left. It was a fun day!
That evening when Brady got home from work we were playing outside and he was throwing the ball to Kolton for him to hit. Kolton hit the ball and went running and totally slipped in a mudpit next door. It was pretty funny. We cleaned him up and then headed to go pick up dinner.
Tuesday was my birthday. Yay! 29! :) I started it off with a bike ride with Kolton and Bentley. We then stopped at the park at the school to play. They had so much fun going down the slide over and over. ;)
We came home and ate a snack. Kolton then gave me this sweet card he made me. I loved it. Then we went and ate lunch with Brady and then headed to Whitewater Bay with Vanessa and her kids. We were there for a couple of hours and then came home, rested, ate dinner, and then headed to Kolton's basketball practice.
Wednesday I went to work so we didn't do anything fun. :) But then that evening the Himes, Landrums, and Widdisons came over for an adult party. We put Bentley down and then told Kolton he had to stay in either our room or his room. This was like a going away party for the Himes. We ate nachos and played games. It was seriously a blast. I haven't laughed that much or that hard in a long time! So, so fun!
On Thursday we went to Whitewater again. This time we met the Landrums there. Kolton loved playing with Rafe and Kason and Kyler. It was great! We got there when it opened and it wasn't very busy so that was really nice. Then Bentley and I met Brady for lunch at Braums. Kolton got to stay with the Landrums at Whitewater for another 2 hours. He had a blast and even came home with his first icee of the summer. :) Bentley sacked out on the way home so I put him in his crib when I got home. He then proceeded to take a 2.5 hour nap!! He was tuckered out!!
Then that evening we went to the Himes to help them pack their truck. I hate that they have to move. Makes me so sad.




























































No comments:
Post a Comment