Wednesday, October 26, 2016

August

August we kept busy.  It became apparent to us all that summer was coming to an end and that made us sad! Some August mornings we were lazy and spent the mornings in bed just relaxing and watching tv and stuff.  You can't do that during the school year so we had to soak it up while we could! :) 
Brady's parents did a MDO thing this summer where a few Wednesdays they took all the grandkids and had them over for a few hours so us moms could run errands or get a break.  The last one they did was August 3rd and they took the kids bowling.  So many boys! 
After bowling we went swimming with Shawn at his complex's pool.  The boys love swimming with Shawn and Mckenzie at their pool.  




On the 4th I was sitting at a light driving home from errands and such and I pulled up facebook on my phone.  Literally a minute before that a lady in our ward posted that a pizza place that was right next to me at the light was giving away free pizzas that day.  So, I put on my blinker and pulled in and we each got a free pizza for lunch.  It was great! Haha.  
Brady and I celebrated our 11 year anniversary this year.  We went up to Lake Hefner and ate at Red Rock for dinner and then walked to the light house.  We've come here for many years but haven't been in a couple so it was fun to come back.  We then drove around to two Marble Slab Creameries only to find either no parking or they were out of business.  So then we drove down to Norman to the Cold Stone Creamery in Target and got some ice cream and walked around Target a little bit.  It was so great to be able to spend time with Brady out on a date reminiscing about our wedding day and the fun we've had over the last 11 years.  

On Thursday, the 11th, we were invited to go swimming at the Lancaster's pool.  It is my favorite swimming when the whole family gets to swim together. It is so fun! 




The flowers Brady got me for our anniversary were my favorite.  I was so sad when they died and I had to throw them out.  They looked awesome on our table! :) 
Sunday cuddles after church are the best! I love when these boys get along and are super sweet together.  Bentley started out cuddling with Kolton and then moved over to Brady and crashed within minutes.  :) 


We went to the Norman library and went to story time and let the boys play and pick out some books. 

My cousin, JD Walk, recently was diagnosed with stage IV lung cancer that has spread.  They are selling different things to help raise money for him and his family so we bought a couple of shirts and had to show our support for him and his family.  
Kolton did the family home evening for us one Monday evening and it was perfect.  He had questions and stories and everything.  It was amazing and Brady and I loved watching him relate the gospel principles to his life.  


We had a little bit of a break from the heat for a few days so I ventured out with the kids to enjoy some outdoor time.  Haha.  Trampoline with sprinklers and riding bikes and playing with chalk while eating fruit.  Classic summer time.  


With Brady being the YM president we have Wednesday nights free to do whatever. :) I took the boys and Jorge to Elevation one night to run and play since we have passes there.  They had a blast.  

I wanted to try out the Station's swimming pool once before summer ended so we made a trip there with Danielle Widdison and Shawn and Mckenzie.  It was super fun but really crowded!! 


On the 13th of August Brady and I went and did the Whitewater rafting in OKC with Dylen and Cheyanna who were in town.  It was so fun but I wish there was more rapids!! Maybe I just need to go try it in real life so I can get the real adrenaline rush! The old man behind me was funny and kept freaking out.  One time our guide was letting the boat fill up with water and he was freaking out. Later our guide explained that the rafts are self draining and then the guy felt a little better and a little embarrassed.  Haha.  It was fun.  









After the rafting we also did the Rumble drop and the zip line.  It was a fun morning/afternoon.  
Dylen and Cheyanna came over Saturday night also and had some of Dylen's friends come over as well.  

On Sunday, August 14th, Jeff and Vanessa had a family dinner so everyone could get together with Dylen and Cheyanna.  The boys had a fun time putting on a show for us and beat boxing together.  Haha.  It was funny. 





Bentley loves his "strawberries and choclalit!" Haha.  



Kolton looked so stinking handsome on back to school night!! It was Wednesday evening from 4-6.  Wednesday was a busy day for us! We went swimming at the Lancasters all day and then had to do haircuts and get everything ready for back to school night.  He did not want to wear this outfit but I made him and he ended up loving it! :) 

That night Brady had a swim party at the Beans and I had a camp meeting I was helping teach at so Levi Heperi volunteered to watch the boys for us.  We come home and from our meetings to find towels all over the living room floor.  Apparently Kolton was sitting on the couch next to Levi and ended up throwing up as he ran to the bathroom.  Oh my gosh I felt awful.  I couldn't believe Levi cleaned it up either! I totally would not have! Haha.  
Dylen and Cheyanna left early Friday morning so Thursday evening they came by to say good-bye.  It was great to see them for a few days! 
Kolton was actually pretty excited for his first day and didn't have a "first day of school stomach ache" for the first time ever.  He had a great first day and really likes his teacher, Mrs. Shirley.  




Saturday night Brady had a video game/planning party with the young men.  They did some activity planning and then had 3 tvs set up and were just playing video games and eating pizza and whatnot.  The boys seemed to have a good time.  




Sunday, the 21st, my dad came to town.  We met at Ted's on Monday night with Shawn and Mckenzie and had dinner.  
He also came to our house and played with the boys for a little bit and took us to Braum's on Wednesday night before having to head back to his hotel room to get things ready for work the next day.  



Thursday morning I met Katee Bailey at the science museum with her son Saylor for the boys to play for a little bit.  Bentley had fun but he isn't brave enough to venture and do much without me with him so that was hard.  haha.  
That afternoon I was sitting at the desk doing some work and all of a sudden it started raining really hard and the wind was blowing super hard! I decided I should go check on the trampoline because Brady hadn't been staking it down lately.  Good thing I did because when I looked out our neighbor's trampoline was on their roof/fence and ours kept lifting up.  So I ran outside and tried to find the stakes so I could put them in.  I couldn't find them so I had to call Brady real quick.  He said they were in the shed.  I was having to stand on the poles of the trampoline to keep it from flying away so I was super nervous to step off of it to get the stakes out of the shed but I did and then I tried to push them in the ground.  No luck. I could only get them in a few inches.  Of course the mallot wasn't on the back porch like it usually is so I seriously said a quick prayer and ran as fast as I could through the house, into the garage, grabbed the mallot, and ran back out.  Thankfully the trampoline was still there so I started hammering the stake in and the head of the mallot flew off.  I could not believe my luck.  All the while I'm getting soaked and I keep having to stand on the trampoline to keep it from blowing away and praying my weight will be enough to keep it down.  I finally get a couple of stakes in and just as I do the wind and rain start to die down.  Haha.  But you know what? I kept our trampoline safe and that is all that matters.  ;) 



I had to take this picture later that day just to show how grateful I am for hair dryers and straighteners.  Otherwise my hair would look like this.  Haha.  
Brady had Friday off so he decided he was going to touch up the stain on our house.  He was a little nervous hanging up there on the roof but the wood looks awesome now and I'm so grateful he did it.  


We also had Esme and Carter over that morning to play.  Vanessa asked if I could watch Esme so we told Jaycee to bring Carter over so they could all play together.  They had a great time and made a mess like I've never seen before! Haha.  

Brady helped me make puppy chow that afternoon to take to Kolton's class.  We brought them puppy chow and milk to drink to celebrate their first full week of school being over.  I did it last year and it was so fun so I decided to do it again this year.  When we were there Mrs. Shirley pulled me aside and said she loved having Kolton in her class and that he was just so fun to joke around with and just had a "cool" personality.  He's just so amazing.  
Friday night we rented a movie for the kids.  They felt pretty spoiled eating puppy chow on the couch and watching the movie.  :)  



Kolton took quite a spill on his dirt bike one day but his injuries were way less than I thought they'd be when it happened.  Luckily he just had a little scrape on his knee and finger.  
Wednesday he got invited to come participate in a practice on Thursday night with a team in OKC called the OKC Chaos.  They are a club team that have a 2nd grade, 3rd grade, 4th grade, and 6th grade team.  Their teams are nationally ranked and are really good! So Wednesday night we went and picked up a pair of basketball shoes for Kolton.  He was super excited and really nervous.  He ended up joining their team and has practices with them twice a week and then morning trainings twice a week.  It is awesome and he has grown so much as a player because of it.  They really push him to be better and more aggressive and it is awesome.  

No comments:

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers