I haven't taken pictures all season, so I brought my camera this time so we could get some pictures of the game. This is a picture before the game of OU's best offensive player--Broyles. I love #85!
Our Heisman Trophy Winner quarterback is out for the season (and not coming back). I'm sad I don't have a picture of him suited up, but here he is in his sling!
Our band. This is before the game, but both bands did pretty awesome half-time shows. I really should have video taped it! The A&M band did this crazy marching thing where they marched down into a tiny compact little square where they were constantly turning around and marching towards each other. It was pretty cool! Because of Veteran's Day this last week, OU's marching band and choir did an awesome tribute to the veterans. They sung and played great music and had fireworks and had pictures going on the jumbo tron. It was pretty powerful!
The Sooner Schooner! These guys came out on the field SEVERAL times! ;)
Here's our defense. They are so amazing! I love them! Sadly, we didn't get a single sack this game, though. Their quarterback was good at scrambling and then throwing the ball away before our guys could get to him. He felt the pressure though! :)
And our offense. They did pretty good too! If only we could play like this all the time! Our team definitely struggles when they aren't at home. Tennel, #80, I think caught ALL the catchable passes that were thrown to him (one was way over his head, so I won't count that one). It was AMAZING!! We actually got some running done this game too! Kevin Wilson (offensive coordinator) pulled out some new and interesting plays. It was nice! We did the wildcat several times and that really helped us with the running game. One play we even did a end around reverse play. The ball was hiked to Jones, he tossed it to Murray who then tossed it to Broyles who then ran it in for a TOUCHDOWN. While it was happening, it looked to me like Murray had lost the ball and Broyles happen to be running by him and caught it, but in the replay, you could tell that was the play called. It scared me there for a second, though! It was nice to see some fresh new plays and I think they really paid off! Wilson must have finally heard the fans outrage. :)
Kicking a field goal. If I remember correctly we only kicked one the whole game. We switched out our kickers a few times. We just can't find one that is actually good! :) Jimmy Stevens, Tress Way, and Patrick O'Hara all had turns kicking the point after/field goal attempt.
It got pretty chilly that night! I'm glad I brought my gloves and ear warmer! Tyler was lucky too, because my dad caught an OU long sleeved t-shirt at the game and so Tyler was able to wear that too!
This was the score at half-time. 42-10. Pretty nice, huh? We all got a little nervous when the score was 14-10 at one point, but then we pulled away...Thank goodness! Our first touchdown was scored by the defense, though! Brian Jackson,#2 on the defense, recovered a fumble and ran it back about 60 yards for a touchdown! It was a great way to start the game!

4 comments:
How fun! I miss OU games.
Wow I'm impressed with all your football talk! Good job!
You should be a sports writer! Maybe start an OU Football blog?! I bet Brady would like that :0) I'm glad you got to go with your Dad and brother. Looked like so much fun! Oh and I wish I could have seen A&M's band!
i like the chick in the backround in the first picture! :] she looks nice.
Post a Comment