The boys played and played. They are so funny! They love to copy each other and think its hilarious. One will make a silly noise or strike a pose then the other and then they bust up laughing at each other. They got to eat corn dogs together with their shirts off! Kolton thought it was pretty awesome they were both "nakie" because, well, to him, if either your shirt or pants are off, you're "nakie."
We tried to get a picture of both of them looking at the camera smiling--we didn't succeed. ;)
Brittney's baby shower was so much fun! It was held at Kathrine Neale's house. There was 16 people there and some brought gifts from other people who couldn't make it so Brittney got lots of girl clothes and bows and such! It was great!
The food was delicious! Jamie makes the freakin best chicken salad sandwiches so I HAD to make her bring them! Kathrine did the fruit and it looked AWESOME! Such a good idea to put the pineapple top on the plate! We also had a vegetable tray, truffles, candy, cake and punch. I stole the design for the cake from someone else but I love it! I love how the whole cake is shimmery, the black icing on the bottom tier is shimmery, I love the craziness of the ribbon on the top tier, I love the color pink the fondant turned out to be--I just love it! You can't really tell in the pictures, but Brittney and I brushed the entire cake with a shimmer dust that Wilton makes. Its awesome! I love it!

Jamie was also nice enough to condense the presents as they were opened for easier transporting. She also folded every single piece of tissue paper! She's awesome! Unfortunately, the group picture we got doesn't have everyone in it. Obviously we're missing Julie, who took the picture, and then 4 more ladies who had to leave for various reasons. It was a fun time, though!

Kolton takes a shower with me almost every day. Once I'm done in the shower I'll leave the water running and let him play in the water while I get dressed and then I go back and get him and get him ready. Anyway, this morning when I got out of the shower I plugged the drain so he could have a little bath. I was going to turn off the water after a couple of minutes but as I got out of the shower my phone was ringing. I forgot I left the water running with him in there until after I got off the phone with Brittney and in 5 minutes, the bath tub had filled almost to the top. He thought it was pretty cool!
We were getting ready to head out this afternoon to run some errands and Kolton found Brady's xbox gear and had to be just like his Daddy! :) He loves to play "daddy's game" with Brady.

6 comments:
your little man is so adorable! he looks like he is exposed to so much and what good parents he has to do that for him! your cake is super cute! i have never worked with fondant before! i guess i still have time to try ;)
WOW JEN!
I Have SOOooo much to say but I don't want to be obnoxious and leave a NOVEL on your blog!!
I'm SOooo super impressed with your cake. I had NOooo idea about your talent for cake making.
etc., etc., etc.! Love you!
Thanks for the wonderful shower Jen! I couldn't' have asked for anything better! The cake... ADORABLE! I am going to put a picture of it in Emery's baby book :0)
I'm so glad I was able to come. You guys did a great job...and the CAKE...seriously AWESOME!!! You are such a good friend to Brittney!
your cake is incredible! i've never really worked with fondant but it really looks awesome! come to WA and teach me! are you guys coming for family reunion in July?
OH MY WORD!! Jen, that cake is beautiful and so fun! I can't believe you did that! You are definitely going to have to give some lessons--to me. It is so cute! You did a great job! And I am so glad that the shower turned out so good! I wish I could have been there!
Post a Comment