Well, these Lagoon pictures are supposed to be at the end, but I accidentally uploaded them here so this is where they are staying. ;) We went to Lagoon on Monday, the 6th of June. It was supposed to be a really nice day! Once we got in the park, Kolton started to get a little nervous to go on a ride. At one point we were standing, deciding what ride for Kolton to ride first and all of a sudden his nose just started bleeding! He got his very first bloody nose! :) Once I noticed it it just started flowing from his nose. We didn't really have anything so my mom ran to the nearest food place to get some napkins and I made Kolton bend over the ground and just let the blood drip to the ground. He was fine until I went to hold the napkins on his nose and then all of a sudden it was super painful and touching it was off limits. ;) He started crying and crying but luckily he let me hold the napkin there so that blood wasn't going everywhere and, after about 3 or 4 minutes I'd say, the bleeding had slowed down and he calmed down. After that was all taken care of we headed to the kid rides and Kolton went to town! First up was the little kid boats.

Then we just went from one ride to another. He loved them all, of course! I left him a couple times and went with my siblings to go ride some rides while my mom took him and Korver around to the rides. When the day was over and it was all said and done, he rode every ride at least twice, most 3 or 4 times and some 8 or 9 times. :) His favorite rides were the bumper cars and the "mushroom ride." With the bumper cars I had to tell him he needed to crash in to people. When they'd crash in to him he'd get this look on his face like "how dare you?!" and drive off. On his 3rd or 4th time on that ride he finally started crashing in to people and liked it. He would pick a car and then chase it until he could hit it. :)

This is the "mushroom ride" because when you stood in line you stood under a mushroom. He was afraid of this ride at first. I pretty much had to make him go on it. I knew he'd like it--he went on it last time we were there, and I was right! This is one of the rides he rode 8 or 9 times. :) It was funny, though, because as it would start the worker would tell you to put your head against the head rest and he did it every time and would make sure the person riding with him did it too.
The look on his face in this picture with Tyler makes me laugh!

Korver's first ride! :) He's so cute! So excited to ride the merry go round!

The weather ended up being really weird that day. Apparently the high was hit in the morning because the whole time we were there it was a little chilly and drizzly. There were little pockets of sunshine but it was mostly overcast and then it rained a couple of times. During one little rainstorm we decided to ride the train to see all the animals and get out of the rain. They were quite vocal this time. The tiger randomly attacked the fence and started roaring. Then the lions were pacing in their cages roaring as well. Pretty cool. Tyler also had a little fun of his own that day. He would randomly start dancing in the middle of the walkway for 20-30 minutes. People would stop and record him on their phones, throw money at him, yell and scream, and join in on the dancing. Sometimes he would follow people who were walking by and start dancing up on them until they'd dance back. It was hilarious!!
Kolton had Cambrea wrapped around his little finger (who am I kidding--everyone was). She watched lots of movies with him! ;)

Tyler fed him breakfast (and played hours upon hours of basketball with him).

My birthday was on Thursday. Tyler volunteered to take me out to lunch. I let Kolton pick--I should have known it would be McDonalds. ;) Tyler was excited though to introduce me to the McGhetto (a spicy chicken sandwich and a cheeseburger) and the McMac (a mcdouble with mac sauce and lettuce added). :) After we ordered, when asked for his name, Tyler told them Tazanger. :)

Tyler and Kolton at McDonalds. Kolton had Tyler scare him over and over at the end of the slide.


The look on his face in this picture with Tyler makes me laugh!
Korver's first ride! :) He's so cute! So excited to ride the merry go round!

The weather ended up being really weird that day. Apparently the high was hit in the morning because the whole time we were there it was a little chilly and drizzly. There were little pockets of sunshine but it was mostly overcast and then it rained a couple of times. During one little rainstorm we decided to ride the train to see all the animals and get out of the rain. They were quite vocal this time. The tiger randomly attacked the fence and started roaring. Then the lions were pacing in their cages roaring as well. Pretty cool. Tyler also had a little fun of his own that day. He would randomly start dancing in the middle of the walkway for 20-30 minutes. People would stop and record him on their phones, throw money at him, yell and scream, and join in on the dancing. Sometimes he would follow people who were walking by and start dancing up on them until they'd dance back. It was hilarious!! Kolton had Cambrea wrapped around his little finger (who am I kidding--everyone was). She watched lots of movies with him! ;)

Tyler fed him breakfast (and played hours upon hours of basketball with him).

My birthday was on Thursday. Tyler volunteered to take me out to lunch. I let Kolton pick--I should have known it would be McDonalds. ;) Tyler was excited though to introduce me to the McGhetto (a spicy chicken sandwich and a cheeseburger) and the McMac (a mcdouble with mac sauce and lettuce added). :) After we ordered, when asked for his name, Tyler told them Tazanger. :)

Tyler and Kolton at McDonalds. Kolton had Tyler scare him over and over at the end of the slide.


When we got home from lunch my mom came and took my camera out of my hands really quick. I thought, "she must really want to see the pictures from our lunch" :) but she really wanted to take pictures of me receiving my flowers from my dear, sweet husband who was back in Oklahoma. I love him so much! He really is just such a great husband! They were delivered while we were gone. I loved coming home to them!
They lasted a long time! Some of them were still going strong when I left to come home!
After that my mom and I went shopping and I got a new shirt. I actually ended up getting a shirt that my sister has that I loved. :) Derek and Lizzie came over later that afternoon to open presents and go to dinner. Kolton loved playing with Lizzie!
Tyler left for a few minutes to go have his Melchizedek priesthood interview. I can't believe he's that old!

When he got back we opened presents. When I was a little kid we used to wrap our presents in brown paper bags and color on them. Derek decided to continue the tradition and color on a brown paper bag for me!

When he got back we opened presents. When I was a little kid we used to wrap our presents in brown paper bags and color on them. Derek decided to continue the tradition and color on a brown paper bag for me!
Grandma helped Kolton make a card for me and he was so excited to give it to me!


Look how excited he is to have me look at it! He was so proud of himself! :)


Look how excited he is to have me look at it! He was so proud of himself! :)
We went to Cafe Rio for my birthday (my pick--I wanted to make sure and go there at least once while I was there!) and then we went to Boondocks to play some games and go laser tagging. Cambrea and I had a go at Dance, Dance Revolution and lets just say, I'm no pro. Haha. I could NOT keep up with the steps and got completely lost several times. ;) Laser tagging was fun! We did boys against girls (Dad, Derek and Tyler vs Me, Cam and Lizzie). Girls ended up on top! Yeah buddy! (although the boys claim our 100 point sensor wasn't letting them shoot at it--excuses, excuses!).
We came home to eat cake and ice cream. My mom had taken Kolton to the store a day or two before my birthday to pick out my cake. He did a great job not telling me what he picked! He kept it a secret the whole time and I never saw my cake until it was time to eat it! I had to cover my eyes so I wouldn't spoil the surprise. He was SO excited for me to see it and loved that I loved it. ;) He picked a Mickey and Minnie Mouse surfing cake. ;) I love how in the middle picture he's looking at me in anticipation hoping my reaction would be positive and loving that it was. ;)


Kolton accidentally put his knee in the side of the cake and decided to lick the frosting off. ;)
Mickey's ear actually caught on fire from all the candles. :) And I ended up having trick candles so Kolton and I got to blow them out over and over and over. He thought that was hilarious!
The next morning I went out to take some pictures of Tyler for him to send out in his graduation announcement (even though he was graduating that night :)). He's so handsome! He did NOT want to do this pose but I made him (he'll do anything I say) and it turned out to be one of my favorites!


Friday was Tyler's graduation! So crazy! Here he is right after getting his name announced.
Receiving his diploma...
He found us in the audience. ;)

Derek telling Tyler about what he yelled after Tyler's name was announced. Some Call of Duty thing. I think it was something like "Enemy AC-130 above!!" :)

Derek telling Tyler about what he yelled after Tyler's name was announced. Some Call of Duty thing. I think it was something like "Enemy AC-130 above!!" :)
T with mom and dad (with no head :)).
Tyler and I. So proud!
T with all his siblings (except Shawn of course and Brady) and nephews.

Afterward we went to Garcia's for dinner to celebrate Tyler's graduation. Derek told the waiter it was my birthday the day before so I got to have the whole birthday celebration complete with wearing the sombrero and getting sung to. Then we all got to enjoy some fried ice cream!
On Saturday we went to S&S Railroad. Kolton absolutely and completely loves trains!! He loves 'em! So he was overly excited and couldn't wait to ride on the train and to look at trains with "lines" on them. He obsessed with finding trains (toy ones usually) that have a "line" that connects the wheels on the sides. None of his trains have it so every time we are looking at toys at the store he always tries to find one. Most of the trains for wooden tracks don't' have them. I can only find them on the trains for plastic tracks that are motorized. Anyway, he was excited! ;)

They have a big train you can ride and a little train you can ride. Kolton chose for us to ride on the little train. It had a longer ride and went through some tunnels. That was his favorite part--that and bridges. He'd get really excited when we'd go through or on one of those.
Tyler and I. So proud!
T with all his siblings (except Shawn of course and Brady) and nephews.
Afterward we went to Garcia's for dinner to celebrate Tyler's graduation. Derek told the waiter it was my birthday the day before so I got to have the whole birthday celebration complete with wearing the sombrero and getting sung to. Then we all got to enjoy some fried ice cream!On Saturday we went to S&S Railroad. Kolton absolutely and completely loves trains!! He loves 'em! So he was overly excited and couldn't wait to ride on the train and to look at trains with "lines" on them. He obsessed with finding trains (toy ones usually) that have a "line" that connects the wheels on the sides. None of his trains have it so every time we are looking at toys at the store he always tries to find one. Most of the trains for wooden tracks don't' have them. I can only find them on the trains for plastic tracks that are motorized. Anyway, he was excited! ;)

They have a big train you can ride and a little train you can ride. Kolton chose for us to ride on the little train. It had a longer ride and went through some tunnels. That was his favorite part--that and bridges. He'd get really excited when we'd go through or on one of those.
After the train ride we walked around and looked at some of the things they had on display. Kolton loved watching the little trains go around and around on the track.


We really wanted Kolton to take a picture with this old red train but he wasn't interested so we each took a turn posing with it to try and convince him he was missing out and should take a turn.





















1 comment:
WOW! What a week...love the cake pictures..Koltons so sweet.
Post a Comment