Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Zoo and Science Museum (August 4th) and some catch-up journaling

On the 4th of August, Kolton and I went with Brittney, Kade and Emery to the zoo and the science museum. Our plan was just to go to the museum, but on our way there we decided to stop by the zoo since its right next door and it was overcast so we thought it wouldn't be too hot. We only made it to the lions, monkeys and elephants before we were done. :) It was actually pretty muggy. The kids enjoyed seeing the animals though.


Kolton, Kade and I then walked over to the science museum while Brittney and Emery went and go the car and brought it over to the science museum parking lot. It felt SO good to be in the air conditioning! :)
I love this picture of the boys. So sweet!! These boys are like attached at the hip. I woke Kolton up last night and he muttered in his sleep--"Where's Kade?" Haha.


We played in the little kid area with the boats, trains, firehouse, and tractor.


After that we headed over to ride the segways, the mirror maze (a couple times) and then we spent a long time letting the kids watch the trains. They would run around the display case trying to race the trains and then run back around trying to get to the other side before the train would come out of the tunnel. They got some good exercise in! I'm not even exaggerating when I say they probably did it for 20 minutes straight!


After that we went upstairs to play in the gymnastics area. The robot was upstairs so I made Kolton go stand by him to take a picture. Kade was super excited but Kolton was a little hesitant. He just doesn't really like mascots. He later, though, went up to him and shook his hand. He thought that was pretty cool. :)

The boys did a LOT of jumping off these mats. They'd jump and roll then run back around and climb up and jump again.


We had a good time. The kids were exhausted by the time we were done. We were there for several hours. Kolton loved it. He gets so bored lately that he absolutely loves it when he gets to do something fun! Its so hot outside that I rarely take him out to play. Maybe 3 or 4 days a week does he get a significant amount of time outside to play. And then even times when I make myself go out there, he'll want to come back inside in a matter of minutes complaining that it is too hot. We are like 2 days away from having 50 days over 100 degrees this summer. Oh the joy! He is growing so much lately! I used to be able to sit on the floor and reach over his head to put his shirt on. Not anymore! Yesterday I was getting him dressed and I couldn't reach over his head! What?! When did this happen? :) He told me the other day "I wish I was a superhero so I could clean my room real fast like this (*swing arms around really fast*) and then be done." Don't we all?! Cleaning his room is probably the worst thing I can make him do lately. He hates it. He gets overwhelmed by all the toys and never knows where to start. We've been working on it though and this morning it was time to clean his room again. He started walking around with a grumpy look on his face but once he started and could see progress he was doing it happily. He was in there singing "I am a Child of God" while doing it. Sweetest thing!

2 comments:

The Foys said...

Haha that's funny that Kolton asked for Kade in his sleep! Makes me happy. I'm glad that Kade and Kolton are such great friends!

Shana said...

I miss that boy I could squeeze him to death!! :) give him BIG kisses for me!

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers