At the beginning of May, after we had done our flowerbed, Grandma Brammer wanted to take Kolton to pick out some of his own flowers to plant in our front yard. So, we met them at Lowes and Kolton picked daisies and a rose bush. He got to help plant them and he had so much fun! 

I just love these flowers. I think they are so pretty!
Just thought I'd throw in a picture of the flowerbed with the second layer of bricks.
The first week of May we stayed at Brady's parent's house while they were out of town so that Maddi wasn't all alone. One evening I brought our sprinkler over there so Kolton could play in it before dinner. The week we were there Brady was working from 10-7 (they are short two people at their branch) and Madison had volleyball tryouts and so she didn't get home until 7:00ish either so we had late dinners every night.
One afternoon I was talking to my mom on the phone and Kolton got bored so he decided it would be fun to put on a bunch of my shirts that were folded up on my bed. He's so funny. :)
This is from Mother's Day after church. Kolton changed his clothes so fast I didn't have time to get a picture before that so that's why he's wearing that polo. My boys treated me well on Mother's Day--especially considering the night we had. :) Kolton and Brady got me 3 pairs of earrings for Mother's Day. I'm wearing one of them in the picture. I also got sweet notes from both of them. I love pictures and notes! They are my favorite! I was finally able to hear Kolton sing on Mother's Day this year and I loved it! I struggled really hard to not cry (out of embarrassment) but the tears were there. I was sitting on the front row in the chapel and so when he got up on the stage he was right in front of me and it was just too cute and super sweet. He was so excited to sing to me and I loved it! I also had to teach in Relief Society that Sunday. The lesson was on prayer and it went well. I'm so grateful for the power of prayer!
Missie had her puppies the night before Mother's Day. She had her first puppy at 10:45 Saturday night and had her last puppy at 11:00 Sunday morning. I stayed up with Brady and Camille (the sire's owner) until 3:45 when she left and then Brady woke me up at almost 7:00 for breakfast (cinnamon rolls) and so that he could get some sleep. He slept until about 10:30 or 11:00. So, we both got about 3-3 1/2 hours of sleep that night. It was rough, but we still enjoyed our day. Missie birthed her puppies standing up, which is really strange, and needed a lot of help in the birthing process but she has been a good mom since then, so that's nice. She had 8 puppies (6 blacks, 1 merle, and 1 harlequin) and they are all thriving. They are now almost a week old and have come close to or have doubled their birth weight. We haven't had to feed them ourselves at all which is very nice!
Kolton loves, loves, loves the puppies. He woke up Sunday morning pretty excited Missie had had her puppies and he's been a very big help since! He will come in to the office and help puppies get to Missie that had somehow ended up on the other side of the box, or he'll help us weigh them and move them for us to change the bedding. Its been great having him here to help!
I'm not sure when these are from exactly, but one week we had two soccer games. One at 12 and one at 2. One of the moms took pictures at the games and then inbetween the games she took a picture of the team and each kid and put them on a cd for everyone.
I like how Kolton is hustling up the field with his teammate, ready to help him if he needs help, but staying out of his way at the same time. Kolton has developed a lot as a player, even though hes just 4.
Here's his team.
(from left to right, top row: Coach Bryan, Sawyer, Mohamed, Kolton, Christopher; left to right, bottom row: Aiden, Lilly, Keely, Jackson)
We went to Thunder Alley on Wednesday, the 16th. It was game 2 of the western semi-finals against the Lakers. It was super fun, but super crowded. Kolton had a blast and I'm so glad we went! There were lots of games, basketball hoops, a bounce house, face painting, balloon making, thunder merchandise and tickets being given away...it was just fun.

Here's the big screen we watched the game on. We stayed until half time. We got there at about 6:30 and let Kolton play until the game started at 8:30.
There was a TON of people! You could barely move!
Kolton's favorite place to play was at this set of hoops. He'd shoot and then get right back in line so he could do it again.
The bounce house line was super long so he only got to do it once but he loved it. There was a basketball hoop inside and a small soccer ball that he used to shoot over and over and over.
We brought some drinks and snacks to eat while we watched the game and had a good time!
On Thursday night we had to run to Walmart to buy a couple of things. As we walked in there was a cart of clearance items. Inside we found this Transformer's blanket that you could make for $3.00 so we decided to get it. Kolton loves it and has slept with it every night since. Its super soft and he loves that it has Bumblebee and Optimus Prime on it.
Kolton played with my phone one night and took this picture of himself. It totally doesn't look like him, to me.
I don't know why this picture is down here but I can't get it to move...I just think its sweet that he liked to lay in Missie's box with her before she had her puppies.
I took Kolton to the doctor on Wednesday to have them look at his bumps on his armpit. Found out there's nothing we can do for them and lots of kids get them (well, you can get them burned or frozen off but she said with his age and how many he has, it would be too painful for him and not really worth it...plus it would leave scars). They last for about 6-9 months and then just go away.
Brittney's sister, Cambrey, came to town and while she was here I went with them to get our nails done. Brittney, Cambrey, and Emery got pedicures and I got a manicure with french shellac polish.
I love the shellac! I've had it for a week and a half now and it hasn't chipped at all. I love the look and love that I don't have to ruin my real nails to get it.



























1 comment:
Jen-
Clay had those little bumps too. Its called Mullescum (not sure if I'm spelling that right)Most of them went away but a few of them got bigger and irritated because they were right on the bend of his elbow, or where the elastic on his underwear laid. So we had those removed, probably about 8 months ago. Clay did super. They actually sliced them off with a circular tool (doesn't look like a knife or even sharp thank goodness cause Clay would have screamed before they even touched him!-but it's so fast, to him it felt like someone was picking a scab. It scabbed over afterwards, but he doesn't have any scarring. You can't even tell they were there. Now I see them on Cody and I know what they are. We'll leave them alone for them to go away on their own unless he gets some that get irritated like Clay's did. Just thought I'd let you know my experience from it. And Yes, it is VERY common. :)
Post a Comment