Wednesday, June 6, 2012

End of Soccer

Here's some catch-up...
Kolton's last soccer game was May 19th. He had a lot of fun again this season playing soccer.  He definitely loves it! Only 6 of our players showed up to the last game and only 3 players on the other team showed up so they modified the game a little bit and played 3 on 3.  Kolton played really well when he was out there and scored several goals! Towards the end, his coach was having him pass the ball to the other players so that they could score too.  :) He had a lot of people cheering him on during the game too--Grandma and Grandpa Brammer, Jaycee, Adam, Landon, and Madison all came. 
 He was so excited to get his medal! He had been looking forward to this day! :)

On May 24th little miss Halley was born.  I was so lucky to be able to be there for her arrival.  She weighed 7 lb 9.5 oz.  It was such an exciting day! I'm so glad Brittney invited me to be there for it! (And I'm so grateful for my friend Angela, who watched Kolton ALL day for me!)

  
That night Brady, Kolton and I came up to see her and eat some milkshakes! :)
 Kolton was pretty excited to see her! We then went home and then I came back up to the hospital and stayed the night with Brittney so Sterling could go home with Kade and Emery. 
Norman 2nd ward had a ward activity at Brady's parent's house.  They grilled up some hotdogs, played ping-pong and then watched Tangled up on the garage door.  Brady's parents invited us to go and I'm so glad we did! We got to catch up with old friends and got to see Mindy and Eric Choate who just recently moved back to Oklahoma.  So good to see them (although it totally made us all miss Shana and Kit!). Kolton had so much fun playing with all the kids and watching the movie.  It was a really cool activity (whoever planned it).  My favorite part was the cotton candy! Mmmm! Madison obviously liked it too...(And please look at her sockbun--I totally did that when I was little but everyone around here thinks its a new thing...)
 Kolton loved the cotton candy too! :)
 
 Jeff, London, and Pierson came to the activity too.  The boys were pretty excited for some running around, cotton candy, and a movie! ;)

 We've sold 6 puppies so far.  They are 3 weeks old now.  One of the interested buyers was coming to our house one day and so we had Camille bring Diesel up so they could meet him. The puppies now have their eyes open and are walking around.  Its fun!  
 Kolton has really enjoyed spending time outside! He loves to play in the sprinkler and play basketball at the same time.  He calls it "sprinkler basketball" (super creative, huh? :)). 

 He's just too cute! Love him!
 His eyes look a little freaky in this picture but I still think its sweet!
 I was taking pictures of the puppies when they were two weeks old and Kolton wanted to hold them when it wasn't their turn.  He so stinking cute! We've had several people come over from the ward to see them and he loves to show the puppies to them and tell them all about them.  We keep reminding him that they aren't staying forever--hopefully he remembers that and isn't too heartbroken when the leave. 
 Kolton has been enjoying playing dress-up lately.  His two favorite are being a fireman and a pirate.  One morning I came out of the shower and he was in his room reading his book to his puppy.  Too sweet.  :)
Just some quick stories...
-One evening we were supposed to be going somewhere and Kolton was all ready to go but Brady and I were still gathering things up to head out the door.  He said to us--"Why are we not rockin and rollin'?" We laughed.  
-For some reason he has been calling peanut butter cups "finger butter cups." Not sure where that came from.  
-Whenever there is hail coming we try to go somewhere where we can park our car inside so it doesn't get damaged.  We usually go to the Brammers.  One particular evening there was supposed to be some bad storms coming so they invited us as well as Jeff and Vanessa over.  Before the storms came the boys (London, Pierson, Kolton) were outside playing.  They are NOT allowed to go by the creek without an adult coming with them and they know that but for some reason that evening they decided to go down there anyway. Then they got this grand idea to throw bricks in to the creek that they found.  Why they thought this was a good idea, I don't know.  :) When we caught them they all had some excuse as to why they were doing it.  Kolton's excuse was that one of the other boys told him to.  This has happened twice, recently.  He'll know he's doing something bad but does it anyway because someone else tells him to.  We are trying to instill in him that this is not ok.  Hopefully by the time he starts school he'll understand that he doesn't have to do everything his friends tell him to do if he knows its bad.  :) I can have a perfect child, right?! :)

No comments:

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers