Tuesday, April 28, 2015

Field Trip, Sports, Sports, Sports

I decided to finally go through our filing cabinet after 10 years of marriage.  Haha.  That thing was so full! And turns out, so full of stuff we didn't even need! It felt good to throw it all out!!
 Tuesday night, the 14th,  Kolton went to the OKC Barons game with Ryley and Neal Storey.  Lucky kid got a t-shirt that the guy next to him caught.  He also came home with a hat and a puck.  He thought he was pretty cool! Brady and I put Bentley down and rented a redbox movie and just relaxed for the evening.  It was really nice!

 Bentley loves waiting for Kolton to come home from school every day.  And he always gets super excited when he sees him coming down the street. 
 I was putting away groceries one morning and Bentley started yelling "mama!"  I came in to Kolton's room to find Bentley standing on the step unable to get down.  Too funny!
 Thursday night, the 16th,  Brady and I got to go to the OKC Dodgers baseball game with Mark and Jill Himes and Jill's parents.  Mark was the doctor for the game so he got tickets.  It was a lot of fun and the absolute perfect weather! It was a fun date!  


 Brady spent a few hours washing and polishing his truck on Saturday afternoon in between Kolton's two games.  He loves that thing!

 Kolton's team won their first game of the tournament on Saturday but lost their second.  Kolton hurt his hip during the game but was able to finish playing the game.  He started crying after the game but I think that was really motivated by his being upset about the loss.  I know it hurt because it still causes him pain but he was pretty upset about the loss.  Poor guy.  The tournament was really good for his team, though, because it showed them the things they need to get better at.  They blow out all the teams they play in their league and when you do that it is hard to see areas where you need to improve.  But the teams in the tournament were all really good so even in the win we were able to see what we need to be better at.  I'm glad we did it.  And it was good for the boys to experience a loss.  Haha.  Kolton wasn't the only one crying afterwards.  Haha. 

 I came home one day to find this in our backyard. I get that they have to get to pipes under the ground etc. I just wish that builders and their contractors had the common courtesy to at least let me know they were going to do something.  I hate coming home and finding it or looking out my window and seeing someone in my yard or using my water.  It has since been filled in and they filled it with sand.  ??? So that stinks. 
 Tuesday I finally started work again.  I spent all day Tuesday up there getting my CAC card and attending meetings.  I wasn't expecting to be gone all day but was glad to start working again. 
We are in full fit-throwing stage with Bentley.  Let me tell you he is crazy! Haha.  I have to leave the room a lot of time because it is always just so over the top that I find it hard not to laugh. 
 Last Tuesday night we went to watch Brady play basketball.  Kolton loved it! Bentley enjoyed himself for the most part until about 8:30 and then I took him home so he could go to bed.  It was way past his bedtime. 
 Wednesday, the 22nd, I get a call from Brady at like 8:00 saying he got in a wreck.  I was like what?! I felt so bad for him! His brand new truck he's been wanting for years, literally, already damaged.  He was sitting at a red light and a guy in a truck behind him didn't notice it was red until it was too late.  He tried to stop but didn't in time.  It did about $3,000 in damage.  Brady was pretty bummed about it but at least it wasn't his fault and the other guy had insurance.  Then that night Bentley knocked Brady's phone out of his hand and it landed just perfectly on the tile that the screen shattered.  He was not having a very good day.  Haha. 
Thursday Kolton had his 1st grade field trip and I got to go with him! He and I were both excited! We were going to the Science Museum.  The kids had a blast and it was fun watching them run around enjoying themselves. 





 Friday Bentley woke up with a fever and it ended up getting pretty high (103.7).  Poor guy just laid in my bed all day going in and out of sleep.  We never did figure out if there was anything wrong with him.  He is teething so not sure if it was just that or what. 


 Yesterday it was raining pretty good when it was time for Kolton to come home.  I didn't realize that until it was too late so I couldn't go pick him up.  I felt pretty bad but he made it home.  He protected his bean plan and that was what was important to him.  :)

Bentley has been pretty good at always folding his arms for prayer but now he will put his finger up to his mouth and say "shhh" and it is so cute! I love it! 

No comments:

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers