Tuesday, July 14, 2009

A Few Summer Days

We have had a busy week! Last week, Kolton and I went to Pelican Bay with the Foys, Lambournes, and the Nicholsons. It was fun! Kolton loves to play in the water, so he really enjoyed it! You can see pictures here. I didn't feel like lugging my camera around, but Brittney took some pictures. We also went swimming with the Foys at their pool, where Kolton really is getting so good at swimming! It is so darling!
Brady's second season of softball started last week as well. He absolutely loves it! It is fun for Kolton and I to go and cheer him on as well as chat with the other wifes and their children.
Kolton also came down with Hand, Foot, and Mouth Disease. Oh My Goodness! Seriously, I don't know why this disease isn't talked about more! It is THE worst! I don't know if Kolton just got it really bad or what, but it has been the hardest last several days there is! Thursday night we didn't get home from Brady's game until about 10:45, so by the time I put Kolton to bed, it was about 11:15. He woke up at 11:45, but went back to sleep on his own but then woke up again at 1:01. He usually doesn't do that so I figured something was wrong (whether he was scared, or whatever). So, I brought him into bed with us. He just squirmed and cried for several minutes so I took him out to the living room so we wouldn't disturb Brady. We were up until 6:30!! He just was in a lot of pain and really unhappy. He finally fell asleep on me on the couch at 6:30 and that is where we slept until 9:30. Then we noticed he had a rash all over the palms of his hands and feet and several blisters in his mouth. He would not eat or drink ANYTHING. Kolton will drink 6-8 sippy cups of liquid each day, easily, but we were struggling to get him to drink 1 cupful. Sunday was the worst with a high fever and still no eating or drinking and a lot of crying and whining. Poor guy! It was so sad! He had at least 10 blisters on the roof of his mouth and at least 5 ulcers on his tongue. Then the rash on his hands and feet turned into blisters (which aren't supposed to hurt actually). Finally today he has eaten! Yay! He ate a normal breakfast and a normal lunch with a normal snack! I'm SO happy! He even slept in his crib last night until 5:15 without waking up! I am so glad a kid can only get this once and he doesn't have to suffer through it again!


Kolton loves apples and loves to stand at the counter whenever I'm working in the kitchen, so we paired them together and he ate an apple while I worked on unloading the dishwasher.

Kolton does a lot of running around at the softball games--it is actually rather tiring to keep up with him and keep him close. For a few minutes, though, he stopped and just watched them play through the fence. It was so nice!

Here are all the babies that come watch their dads! Kade, Tucker, Ross, and Kolton.


My poor sick baby...I should have taken pictures of the blisters to show you! We brought the matress out to the living room again so he could lay there all day and watch t.v. with us.


Kolton is hilarious when he plays with his basketball goal. He will use balls like this one and try and make a basket in the hoop like that. It makes me laugh!

Kolton and I were playing in his room today and he left and brought back Brady's shoes that were in the living room. He looked so cute in them!






We tried to fix his hair today with some of Brady's hair gel. It actually stayed up, so that was nice. He definitely needs a trimming of some of the hairs, but we're waiting to do that in Utah...




5 comments:

K Bailey said...

Cute pic of him with the apple!

Nessa said...

When Kolton waved bye on the video...Pierson waved back and said "bye bye!" and everytime Kolton said apple Pierson would repeat him...it was funny! Love the hair!!! When you coming to Utah?

Jamie said...

Poor little guy! It's horrible to see them sick... I hope he's feeling better!

Mindy Jo said...

I love the video w/ the background music! You're such a cool mom! Kolton's beautiful, Jen!

Nichole said...

Oh Jen, poor little guy! I am so sorry! I think that is the worst ever when a baby is sick and he totally depends on us as moms to help... i feel helpless! I don't know what to do sometimes. It makes me sad! But I am so glad that he is feeling better!!

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers