
Saturday, the 5th was Sterling's dental school graduation. Brady unfortunately had to work, but I got to go! It was such an exciting day for them!
Check out one of the professors...I didn't think people ACTUALLY had mustaches like that. :)
The Foy family.
The Wright family (plus me).
Saturday night we went to the Bittles and went swimming with the Revells. Kolton and Brigham ate like 4 Popsicles and 2 cold hot dogs each. :) It was awesome! Its always fun to hang out with them--especially for me. It brings back a lot of high school memories and all the drama! ;)
Emery was blessed on Sunday and Brady was lucky enough to be able to participate in that. It was an amazing blessing!
Monday we had the Foys over for dinner to hang out before they left for a week for Houston. Right after dinner Kolton came up to me and told me his stomach hurt. I didn't think he was old enough to actually tell me when his stomach hurt so I just thought he was being silly. I told him he was fine and then he told me again and was holding his stomach. I picked him up and told him to not push on his stomach and then it wouldn't hurt. No sooner had I said that and he started puking all over me--like gallons of water! It was crazy how much was coming out of him. Anyway, apparently he was drinking a bunch of water out of his kiddie pool and I'm thinking that is what made his stomach hurt because he didn't act sick nor did he have a fever and he didn't throw up after that night. I am so glad too because its so sad to have a sick little boy!!
Kolton and Titan had some bonding time this last week. :)
Kashton came over on Tuesday and the boys played in the kiddie pool. For like the first hour they wouldn't really play in there but for the last 45 minutes or so they splashed and splashed and laid down and poured water on themselves and just had a blast. It was fun to watch!
Saturday Jeff and Vanessa moved in to their apartment and so after Brady's work we went over there and Brady helped set up their bed and then we headed to Braum's for ice cream! :)
Sunday we went to the Norman Stake's Stake Conference. Dylen was being ordained an Elder and Elder Nelson from the Quorum of Twelve Apostles was there speaking. It was one of the best stake conferences I've been to. All the talks were amazing! Elder Nelson talked about how to be great parents and I really enjoyed his talk. He told us to make sure our children know that they are literally children of God and are created in his image. He told us to make sure our children hear their father's read from the scriptures and pray for them. He told us to reprimand our children lovingly and not to spank them (I wonder if flicking is still ok? :) ) and to praise them in public. He told us to enjoy every day we have with our children because some of us loose them all too soon (he has a daughter that passed away). It was all very inspiring.
Monday I got a letter in the mail from my brother Shawn who is serving a mission. It was such a nice letter and it really made my day!
Yesterday we received 10.21" of rain! 10 inches of rain in one day!! Interstates in the city had to shut down and people in Edmond were on their roofs with rain as high as their garage doors. What state has ice storms, tornadoes and flooding??! :) What a great state to live in! ;)
And finally, today is my dad's 45th birthday! Happy birthday Dad!!

1 comment:
Happy birthday to your dad! And I'm happy that Kolton wasn't sick either... I was so sad for him when he threw up! Also, I love the picture of him with Titan because I love his shoes!! :0)
Post a Comment