Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Swimming

We have been doing a lot of playing lately--summer is fun like that! I love swimming and so do Brady and Kolton!
Last Wednesday I came inside from taking the garbage to the dumpster and found Kolton in the kitchen sitting on the counter spraying his feet. I asked him what he was doing and he told me that his feet were dirty and that he needed to clean them. I love that he can do these things on his own now. ;)


Kolton is such a great sleeper! We really are lucky to have him! One morning after Brady and I woke up we went to check Kolton and this is how he was sleeping. :) Well, actually his legs were hanging off the bed but when I came back with the camera he had pulled them up but I just can't imagine how it would be comfortable to sleep with your head under the pillow. :) This last Sunday night we put Kolton to bed at 8 and he didn't wake up until 9 the next morning! He was tired! ;)

We got to go swimming with Brooklyn and Kashton Gulbransen at their apartment's pool. I just can't say how much I love taking Kolton swimming! I seriously wish we had one!! One day maybe... Anyway, Kolton always likes to take a break and eat a little snack and dry out some on his towel. I think I have a picture of him doing this EVERY time we go swimming!



Kolton got to take several bubble baths this week. :)

We also went swimming with Jeff and Vanessa and their boys twice this week. On Thursday we went swimming for over 3 hours and Kolton could have probably done more! He did really well swimming and going off on his own. When we got there there was actually a few LDS ladies and their kids swimming in the pool--one of which I knew when I was growing up in Norman--Dawn Goepfert. Her husband was one of my brother's young men leaders when I was in the ward. They now have a little boy named Guy. It was fun to catch up with her and hear how her family was doing.


Check Kolton out! He does this on his own now and will just lay there and float for a minute or two at a time just completely relaxed. He's so big! ;) I know I say that a lot but really lately he makes me feel like he's a little boy now. The questions he asks are so funny and sometimes they catch me off guard because I don't expect him to be old enough to say those things.


Brady's Father's Day present came in the mail on Thursday. Because of the nature of his gift he had to open it and have it installed before Father's Day because if it didn't work you had to return it within 5 days so we didn't want him to wait until Sunday and then only have a couple days to return it.

This is what he got:
If you didn't know what his car looked like before you probably have no idea what it is that he got but he got a new spoiler. He just had the regular spoiler and really wanted the GT spoiler so we ordered him one and then a guy from his work helped him install it. He really likes it! He has a few more things he wants to do to his car but those will probably come one at a time as birthdays and Christmases come around. :)

He wanted donuts for Father's Day breakfast but we weren't able to get them Saturday night so Monday morning we went as a family and enjoyed some Krispy Kreme. This was Kolton's first time to go and watch the donuts be made and get a free one and he thought that was pretty cool!



Lately Kolton has been playing with his cars A LOT! He will be in his room all quiet just lining up his cars and stacking them on top of each other and putting them down the race track. He loves to show us how many cars he's lined up. He's really careful too to make sure they all face the same way and line up in a perfect line with no car sticking out more than another.


Friday night we went to a baptism for Taylor Williquette. It was a great baptism and had yummy cupcakes afterwards! I'm glad Kolton and I were able to go. Kolton thought it was fun to see him get baptized. A few times he kept asking me "Kolton see Jesus get baptized?" I would tell him no--that we were going to see Taylor be baptized and he'd ask me a couple minutes later if he could see Jesus get baptized. It was so cute! Then after Taylor was baptized and we went to go sit back down he asked me "Now see Jesus get baptized?" It was just cute how sweet his little spirit is and how much he wanted to see Jesus get baptized.
Saturday morning Dylen went to the temple to receive his endowment. Brady and I were able to go while the Foys watched Kolton for us. Dylen leaves for his mission in July.
Brady was excited to go swimming with us on Saturday afternoon/evening. We went to Jeff and Vanessa's and ate dinner and then went swimming. We had fun acting like kids and doing flips and handstands in the water and jumping in trying to make the biggest splash. :)

Here's Kolton again taking a break to eat a snack. ;)

Kolton and I. I had to put it in because these rarely happen since I'm usually behind the camera. :)

Kolton stayed in nursery again on Sunday. You have no idea how nice that is! I'm so glad Kaye Davis is in the nursery now! Kade even had to leave early and Kolton stayed! Its so great! Brady was able to actually teach with me and it made it so much nicer!!
Here's a video of Kolton's dance moves to the song "Cooler Than Me." I love how in the middle he puts his thumb up at the computer. It makes me laugh every time I watch it!

3 comments:

Mindy Jo said...

These are such great pictures of Kolton!
I want your CAMERA!!
I love seeing you when we're in town, Jen!

The Foys said...

What a fun post! I love all of those pictures of Kolton swimming... he needs to teach Kade how it's done! And that video of Kolton dancing... priceless!

K Bailey said...

I need to blog it...but we've recently gone to Leonardo's Warehouse in Enid-worth the drive. And another day we had lunch in Bricktown then went to walk the sky-walks and the underground tunnels. Kids loved it...free....cool and out of the sun. Just some summer ideas...

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers