Thursday, June 3, 2010

24th BIRTHDAY

Friday afternoon we got to watch Ross and Maycie Sorenson. They were so good! Ross is so funny--he kept calling me mommy! ;) And Kolton kept calling Ross Pierson. Good times! The boys just played with airplanes, cars and a little basketball. Kolton had fun playing with him!


That night we went swimming. Kolton had fun jumping off the diving board and going down the slide. Brady and I both swam and took turns playing with Kade and Kolton. It was good for Brady to swim too--it took a lot of pressure off his foot and calf and hip which all hurt him! :)


We did end up having a little mishap that night though. :( I thought Kolton would be fine in the pool by himself so I put his floaties on and let him walk down the stairs in to the pool. Well, apparently he had forgotten since last summer how to keep his head out of the water. He kept gurgling water so Brady instinctively just got in the pool real quick to get him out--in all his clothes. He was literally in there for about 20 seconds which is apparently plenty of time to completely drown an iPhone. We took it out of the case and let it dry there and then when we went home we put it in a bag of rice and let it sit there for 3 days. But, it wouldn't turn on so we had to get him a new one. We will never again bring our phones near a pool, lake, stream, puddle--anything! ;) Just teasing, but really, it kind of stunk.
On Saturday Kolton and I went swimming at the Bittle's pool with Kit and Shana. Both Shana's sisters were there as well as Krista and Robbie Leurs. Kit stole my camera and snapped this shot:
I for some reason decided not to put sunscreen on and totally burnt my shoulders. Oh it hurt to bad!! Tuesday night I went to zumba and while I was there they started blistering (from the sweat and body heat I think) and now they are peeling. Lovely. I vow to never go without sunscreen again! (That will make my mom happy!)
Sunday was another glorious day in terms of nursery! :) We got a new nursery leader who Kolton seems to love! I'm so excited! She said that Kolton is SO well behaved and such an awesome sharer! I'm so happy! It is going to be so nice to have Kolton go to nursery each week! She subbed the week before and so this week he remembered her and had no problem going!
Sunday we had a birthday dinner for me at Brady's parent's house. I got some running clothes, flip-flops and giftcards. We also got to go and see the Foy's house and the progress they've made on it!
I was folding laundry in my room one day and noticed I hadn't seen Kolton for a little bit. I go looking for him and find him hanging out on the table playing on my phone. :) I've downloaded a few games on there and he knows where to find them and how to play them. He loves it! And they are actually pretty educational too. Its great! He loves doing the puzzles on there!

I celebrated my 24th birthday on Wednesday! Its so weird to me that I'm that old. I truly still feel like I'm 19 or 20. I know its not that far off but it just doesn't seem right. Anyway, Brady cleaned the house that morning for me before he went to work so I didn't have to do any chores that day. He also made me cinnamon rolls for breakfast! Yummy!!
Kolton had fun running off the ottoman and jumping on to Brady laying on the floor. He'd belly flop right on to Brady's stomach. He's so crazy!

That afternoon I took Kolton to jumpzone to go play. We were there for over 2 1/2 hours! He loves that place! Although every time we go there at first he tells me he's scared and that we should go home but I convince him otherwise and then he's fine. The Foys and Brittney's family (whose visiting from Utah) met us there to play. It was Kade's first time there and I think he really liked it! Kade and Kolton even got to play air hockey together and they were pretty good at keeping it going!


Kolton got a little out of control going down this slide! :)




After jumpzone Kolton and I drove down to Norman to meet Brady during his dinner break at Braum's and ate dinner. Kolton always loves to meet up with Brady during the day. He always asks me if we are going to "Mcidodalds with daddy."
That night I cleaned out his plastic pool and let him play in it. Even though the water was freezing he loved it! He loves the water!


This morning Kolton went to his first movie at the movie theater!! During the summer Warren plays kid movies on Tuesday and Thursday mornings at 10:00am for just $2 a person. This week it was Curious George so we thought this would be a good opportunity to take him to the movie theater. He was so excited and couldn't wait for it to start once we got there! He brought his stuffed George too! I didn't know how many people would come to this but figured it wouldn't be that packed so I was surprised when it was SOLD OUT! We didn't buy a ticket for Kolton because 3 and under is free but then they came in before the movie started and said that if you didn't buy a ticket for your kid then they had to sit on your lap because they had sold out and needed all the seats they could! If I would have known that I would have bought a ticket for Kolton so he didn't have to sit on our lap. Anyway, he actually watched the whole movie and had a lot of fun! I'm glad we were able to do that and that Brady had the day off so he could go with us! We bought Kolton the kids combo pack but learned that next time we'd be fine just buying a $4 drink because that was his favorite! ;) He ate the popcorn because it was there, but LOVED the "spicy water."

Liz and Dalton came to the movie too! It was good to see them! I wanted to get a picture of the two of them but you know how that goes with two 2 year olds! ;) Instead I got a shot of Dalton sharing his hat with Kolton.

For my birthday I got these shoes:
I actually bought these for myself last week but when I came home I realized that I had two right shoes. So I took them back. SO, Brady went and got them for me! He also is going to take me to go see Eclipse! I'm SO excited to go see that movie!! My parents also surprised me with a deposit into our bank account so that was exciting!! ;)

Tonight I made some Double Chocolate M&M cookies. Kolton of course helped me! He also licked off the beater! ;)


1 comment:

K Bailey said...

Ugh! My iPhone took a trip in the toilet once....like going down the toilet and I grabbed it out. Kevin worked and worked on it and it survived!!! Also-be careful not to drop it because Kevin did and it is $199 just to replace the screen. Happy BDAY!

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers