Friday, August 6, 2010

Summer Fun

We have had such a fun summer this year just doing things outside! We've had lots of opportunities to play in the water too which is my favorite!! My legs are even a darker version of white--which if you know me well know how much of a feat that is!! ;) Its also been fun for Kolton to have his cousins close.
Last week we went over to the Brammers (they were out of town) and let the boys slip n slide. Before we went over there Brady showed Kolton some people slip n sliding on YouTube so that he'd know what it was and how to use it. The first time he tried it he went on his belly, thanks to some cool YouTube videos. :) I brought my camera (of course--I take pictures constantly!) but I forgot my memory card so Vanessa was nice enough to email me some picture of the kids slip n sliding. :)
The slip n slide was in three different locations as we tried to find a good spot for the kids to actually be able to make it to the end. It ended up on a hill and that seemed to help a lot!

I couldn't help but try it too!! :)

And Brady too--he would totally fly over the end of it. ;)


We have gone to the splash pad in Norman a couple of times too. Kolton loves to run around and play with all the toys! He's such a fish--I love it!





We told the boys to go get on the yellow bench (they are all different colors) and they all just stood there and stared at us. It was funny! We got them up there finally, though, but they only stayed for a couple seconds so I wasn't able to get the cute picture with all of them looking and smiling like I'd hoped. ;)



We've gone swimming a TON too! WAY more than last summer! Its been wonderful! Kolton and Pierson were so cute this last week. They decided it would be fun to jump in together. Sometimes one would jump before the other but several times they would jump at the same time. They'd either count to 10 or say "ready, set, go" and then jump. (Kolton would sometimes stop at 9 and jump it...crazy kid!)

Check out Kolton's karate moves! ;)

On Friday we went to Meet the Sooners. Vanessa had told me about it and I wanted to go but I thought it was Saturday morning and I had plans so I wasn't going to be able to go. Vanessa texted me, though, on Friday morning and said it was that morning. Luckily I had already showered-otherwise we would not have made it in time. We hurried and left (I didn't realize Kolton was wearing an orange shirt--we were in a hurry) and met Jeff and Vanessa at their apartment. We ran to Walmart and bought little footballs for the players to sign and went over to the field. Kolton was SO excited to see the football players!!


We let the boys play on the field while we were waiting in line. Some of the lines were very long...We waited in line for the quarterbacks for at least 30 minutes if not more. Kolton was not fond of the waiting in line on a hot hot day standing in the sun but once we'd get up to the players he'd get excited again to give them his football.


We cheated with DeMarco Murray. He was sitting right next to the quarterbacks, so even though we didn't wait in line for the runningbacks I had Kolton just slide him his football to see if he'd sign it for him and luckily he did!! :)

We were able to get several signatures--most of which I can't read. ;) Unfortunately we didn't get Bob Stoops--by the time we went to go get in his line they had closed it down to make sure he could leave right at noon. Next year though!! I think Kolton will like it a lot more next year too because he'll be older and maybe remember a little about watching the games this year. I CANNOT wait for college football to start! I love it!!

No comments:

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers