Kolton decided he wanted to be Batman this year. He kept changing his mind for like the month or two before, wanting to be things like a rocket, a dragon, a Ninja Turtle, "Jake" from "Jake and the Neverland Pirates," and Batman. He finally settled on Batman and lucky for us, his cousin, London, was Batman the year before so we borrowed his old costume. Kolton absolutely loved wearing it and every time he did he'd run around flying with his arms straight out in front of him.

He needed a picture of his cape so he could remember. He tried to make it fly in the wind.
Flying!! When he was wearing his costume, we were instructed to refer to him as "Batman" and nothing else. ;)
Such a darling little boy!

Our ward's "Halloween Party" was a youth spotlight and chili cook-off with a trunk or treat afterwards. I think the youth spotlight is such a great idea and I think the youth like it as well. I wish, though, that it wasn't in place of a traditional Halloween party for the kiddos. Anyway, they did a parade type thing where the kids got to go up on the stage and announce who they were and what their name was. Kasia Hoyt took Kolton up and he thought about talking in the microphone a couple of times but never actually did. :) Sis. Ketchie ended up announcing that this was Kolton and he was Batman. I'm proud of him for going up there. ;)

I took Kolton and Kade around to all the cars. We actually had a lot of people participate in the trunk or treat. Brady stayed at our car and passed candy out to the kids. The kids had SO much fun going around and getting candy! :)
About a month or two before Halloween Brittney said she wanted to do a Halloween party for the kids at her house. I was all about it! Especially since our ward wasn't doing a party for the kids. I thought they'd enjoy being able to play games and such. A couple weeks before Halloween I offered to help with it so Brittney wasn't doing all the work by herself. We picked a date and thought of games and planned it. We went shopping together a couple of days before it and bought the food for it. The Tuesday before the party (it was on Friday, the 28th) we made the goodie bags. That morning Kolton and I went to the park and collected sticks for the handles of our witch brooms. Kolton loved picking out sticks! He did a great job! Then that night Brittney and her kids came over while the guys played basketball and we put them together. Probably one of the most time consuming goodie bags I've ever made but they were cute. ;)
We had sandwiches, cookies, and chips at the party. (We bought grapes but didn't notice that they were seedED instead of seedLESS so we threw them out.) There were witch's hats, mummies, and super cute owls.
We played a few games with the kids. Since I was carrying out the games I really don't have any good pictures of the party. Sad! The kids had fun, though, and that's what matters! :) Anyway, I brought a ghost bean bag game, a cake walk, and a "shrinking islands" game (essentially like musical chairs but not with chairs). Brittney made a "pin the nose on the pumpkin game", Halloween BINGO, and "hot hat" (they passed the hat around until the music was done--like hot potato). Kolton somehow got the nose right in the right spot on the pumpkin! And he LOVED the bean bag game!
Here are most of the kids from the party (Emery and Lyla are missing):
Kade, Brooklyn, Kolton, Beckett, Kashton, Reese, Owen, James, Isaac, and Pierson.
It was such a fun time and I'm so glad we did it! Kolton and his friends had a lot of fun playing the games and winning candy and playing with each other in their costumes! :) Kolton more and more likes to spend time with friends! At one point I looked over and him and Brooklyn, sitting on the blanket waiting for food, and Kolton had his arm around Brooklyn's shoulders and they were just looking at each other grinning. It was the sweetest thing!














2 comments:
So fun! He is such a doll! xo
So cute and so fun! Your crafts were super cute! miss ya!
Post a Comment