My mom and sister, Cambrea, flew out on Friday afternoon after our Halloween party at the Foys (the 28th of October). They got in at about 5:15. We were in Brady's dad's truck so we'd have room for their luggage. The airport for some reason was way busier than I've ever seen it and so we had to drive around 4 times before we could find a spot to park and wait for them to come out. Once we parked Kolton wanted to come up to the front so he could see better. He was sitting in the passenger seat for a few minutes before they came walking down the walkway. He got SO excited! He was sticking his head and arm out the window to see them and wave hi and then he jumped to the back of the truck and got in his seat, all ready to go. They came and he didn't even want to get out to give hugs or anything. He just sat in his seat and waited and asked that they each sit on either side of him. We drove home and picked Brady up who had just gotten home from work and headed to McDonalds for dinner--Kolton's very favorite place to eat. Kolton was hilarious, as always, that whole night. We came home and he wanted to play games with them so we played several games, including Hi-Ho Cherry-O, Don't Break the Ice, Don't Spill the Beans etc. Then Grandma and Cambrea surprised him with movies! He got Fox and the Hound I and II, Bolt, and Rio. He was SO excited to watch them all! ;) Grandma was chosen that night to sleep with him in his room on the trundle bed.
Saturday morning Kolton had a soccer game at 9:00 (much too early for my teenage sister, Cambrea :)). She was excited to go to the game, just not getting up so early! Haha. It was super cold that morning, too! Kolton, as usual, was really excited to go play soccer and especially excited that Grandma and Cambrea were going to be able to watch his "real soccer game!" He ended up scoring 8 goals so Sterling had him start to pass the ball to his teammates when he'd get it towards the end of the game. :)
Check out this picture my mom took...His nose is almost touching his leg! :)
This was his way of blocking. He'd stand there as someone from the other team was about to kick the ball and then go and try and steal it from them.
Grandma and Kolton at the game! I didn't get one of him and Cambrea...(I actually didn't get this one either...it was taken with my mom's phone. What was I thinking?!)
After the game we headed over to the Red Ribbon Parade. Katee told me about it and said it was one of the best parades in town so I figured we better go! Kolton loved the other parade we went to and it was tiny. It was a really cool parade with tons of floats and a lot of the floats were really cool! The theme was "Its UP to me to be drug free!" "UP" being the movie "UP" so all the floats were centered around that. We got to see a couple people we knew walking in the parade (Sydney, Bergen, and Kevin Bailey, Angela and I think Brayden Finnestad).
Kolton, again, was a sweetheart at the parade and shared candy with the little girl that was sitting next to us even though he didn't know her (she's wearing the cat mask in the background of the picture below). He'd always give her some of the pieces that were thrown in front of him. She started giving some to him in return. It was super cute to see them be all shy about their sharing of the candy.
Grandma taught Kolton how to get the most candy. ;) They'd hoop and hollar and wave at the people as they'd walk by and they'd almost always throw candy at them.
The parade got stopped several times for trains to go by. Who does a parade over a train track?? Anyway, this time two trains were coming from different directions. We waited at least 10 minutes from the time they stopped the parade and when these trains finally showed up. And then we had some almost stop right in front of us. ;) I think the parade got stopped 4 times total for trains.
After the parade we went home and ate lunch and then got ready to go to Kolton's Primary Program practice. I hadn't showered yet so I jumped in the shower while Kolton got ready. I didn't have any time to dry my hair or do make-up or anything which I hate. I almost feel worse doing that then not showering. All well, though. I sat with Kolton's class (his teacher had to work) and helped them practice their program. Its so cute to watch all the kids! Kolton had his part memorized so he said it all on his own! Grandma and Cambrea sat in the pews and watched.
Saturday night was a trunk or treat at a member's, the Balkman's, house in Norman. Amy Balkman was actually my Young Women's president for a year or so when I was a teenager. Anyway, so after getting some pizza and watching the OU game we got ready to go down there. Cambrea dressed up with Kolton in her batman attire as well! ;) They were so cute!
On our way down there we had to stop by CVS to buy some candy. I walked out with 8 bags of candy (2 Reese's, 2 KitKats, 2 3Musketeers and 2 Milkyways) for less then $4. I used the sale, coupons, ECBs, and then even had some left over. Anyway, we got there and parked our car (well, Brady's dad's truck) and waited for it to start.
Kolton found his cousins, London (Batman) and Pierson (Ironman) and talked to them for a few minutes before they headed off with their friends to go start the trunk or treat.
I guess they counted cars and there was over 100 there. Pretty awesome. Some people were even passing out full size candy bars! Kolton loved walking from car to car asking for candy. People loved that he and Cambrea matched. ;)
As the trick or treating was dying down Jeff and Vanessa realized they didn't know where Pierson was. They had let London and Pierson go trick or treating with their friends but only London had come back from trick or treating and Pierson wasn't with him anymore. It was getting pretty dark so it was kind of scary (last year a kid got lost too) not knowing where he was. I stood at the car with Rigdon while everyone else went looking for Pierson. They found him after a little while. I guess at some point he got separated from the group of London and his friends and was walking around looking for them and an adult found him and was keeping him to try and find his parents. He was pretty shaken up by it all but very glad to be found by his family! It was pretty scary!
When we got home Cambrea and Kolton dumped out their candy to check out their stash.
Cambrea taught Kolton he needed to count it all. He tried very hard to count it all but gave up and started grabbing handfuls at a time and counting each handful as one candy instead of each individual piece. :)
I don't remember what night this was from but Kolton had been playing a game he loved on either Cam's or my mom's phone. He thought it was pretty funny when my mom would play it. I want to say it was some sort of lawn mower game??? I'm not sure, but he sure enjoyed it!
Sunday, the 30th of October, was Kolton's very first primary program. He was so excited and ready to go! I don't remember if I wrote was his part was already but it was "The scriptures teach me the right things to do." We took a picture of our family to remember the special day. ;) Kolton had lots of people there to watch him be oh so cute. ;) Grandma Moffett, Cambrea, Brady and I, Madison, Grandma Brammer and Grandpa Brammer. He did SO well on his part and said it in the microphone without shying away, and was so cute singing the songs! Admittedly, I actually teared up while watching him up there. He would periodically move his head to the side and give us a cute smile while he was up there and I just loved it! I'm definitely a proud mom! :)
The night my mom and sister came they also gave Kolton a "CTR" tie tac to wear to his first Primary program. He was excited. You can see it in the picture below. Such a cute little boy!
Here's Grandma and Cambrea with Kolton celebrating how well he did in his program.
After Kolton's program we went home and ate lunch and then went down to Noble to go to London and Pierson's program that happened to be on the same day. Their church starts at 12:30 so we had enough time to get down there. We couldn't see London from where we were sitting but we could see Pierson. Both of them did really well saying their parts when it was their turn. I'm so glad we were able to go down there and watch them!
We then went home and everyone took a nap except for Kolton. Haha. He stayed up and watched a movie. I had him wake everyone up when it was time for dinner. We ate roast and then went on a walk at Little River Park, right by our house. Such a pretty park with all the trees and stuff. Since we had the truck we were even able to take Missie. She LOVED it. We let her go a couple of times to chase squirrels. She was in HEAVEN! :) Kolton also brought his little puppy with him so he could walk it. It was funny to watch Cam and Kolton walk their respective dogs. :)
After the walk (Sunday was a BUSY day :)) we came home and Cam and Kolton carved their pumpkin together.
Kolton was completely disgusted, like every year, of the inside of the pumpkin and didn't care for the look, smell, and I'm sure the feel of it (although he never touched it).
We let Kolton draw the face he wanted Cam to carve for him (poor Cam didn't have any say in the way it looked). He was super in to it and very serious about it.
He drew two eyes, ears, eyebrows, a nose (the long thing in the middle), and a mouth with lots and lots of sharp teeth.
Cambrea had to make a couple of changes to the mouth, but here's their pumpkin they did together!
And that's the end of part one. Part dos will be completed sometime soon! :)




























No comments:
Post a Comment