Kolton got a new bed!! October 22nd! :)
As I've mentioned before, he had been sleeping...well...not so well, to put it nicely. Like waking up 4 or 5 times in a night. Worse then a newborn! We tried several things that just didn't seem to work. We then remembered that when my mom bought him his toddler bed all of a sudden he started sleeping really well, so we thought maybe it was time to upgrade him to a bigger bed. I had also noticed that when he'd come in to our room at about 6:30 or 7:00 and climb in our bed he'd sleep until 9:30 or 10:00. I wasn't in there with him so I knew it wasn't that he was sleeping with mom and dad, but maybe it was more that he wasn't comfortable in his own bed. So, we started looking at twin beds at a few places. Brady called his mom on a Saturday to see if we could go to Sam's Club with them some time to look at mattresses there to see if we could get a good one for cheaper. She mentioned that they were thinking about getting rid of Jaycee's old bed that was upstairs and that if we wanted it we could have it. We were walking out of Target at the time, so we walked back in and let Kolton pick out some bedding. He picked out a sports comforter and sheet set and then some blue "t-shirt jersey" sheets for the trundle bed. They are so soft! Anyway, he loved it and I am SO grateful to have it now! Since we got it he has only woken up ONE time ONE night. Its been amazing! He's taking longer naps, too. So now he's sleeping from about 9-7:30 at night and then taking a 2-2 1/2 hour nap now as opposed to his sleeping from 9-7 (waking up at 10:30, 1:00, 2:00, 5:00, 6:00) and then only taking a 45 minute nap. I just wish we would have done it sooner--for my sake and his!
One afternoon (before Kolton got his new bed) he woke up rather cranky from his nap. I was in the middle of making dinner so I asked him if he wanted to help me grate the cheese to see if maybe that would ease him out of his crabby mood. He quickly obliged and went to town. He stopped a couple of times to take a bite of the block of cheese (don't worry...I would never let him do this if this food was for someone other than us! ;)) but other then that he really went to town grating and grating.
After 9 minutes--no joke--this is what he had grated. All his hard work! :) He was actually pretty proud of himself and what he'd accomplished. I was grateful for my adorable big helper, regardless of how productive he was.
Brady went outside on evening to get something out of the car and Kolton followed. I come out a couple minutes later and they are showing me this. Kolton trusts his dad so much!
On Friday, the 21st of October, London, Pierson and Rigdon came over while their parents went to a party. They picked Rigdon up at 9 or 10 or something like that and then London and Pierson spent the night. Kolton was excited to have his cousins sleep over. They got along SO well, so that was nice. We made cookies that night and snacked on those while they played and played and played. We put them to bed at about 10:30 or so but they didn't fall asleep until after 12:30 when Brady and I just decided to go to bed and figured they'd fall asleep soon. I kept going in the room when we'd start to hear lots of talking and laughing and find them all out of their beds covered in toys or books playing with each other. Haha. They then woke up at 7:00 and so Brady went and bought some donuts. We ate those and then left to go to their soccer games. Pierson's was at 9:00 and London's was at 11:00, I believe.


I'm glad we went to those because they were their lasts games! With Kolton's games being on Saturday mornings as well, we couldn't ever find a time to go on Saturday mornings.
A funny story about Kolton...We were eating dinner one evening and Brady leaned over to me to pretend he was telling me a secret about Kolton. He'd loudly whisper "Kolton" followed by quieter "spspspspspspsp." Kolton quickly realized we were "talking" about him and he wanted to know what was being said! He told Brady to wait a minute, moved the hair away from my other ear, and then proceeded to place his ear on mine. He then told Brady to go ahead and tell the secret. We asked Kolton what he was doing and he said, very matter-of-factly, that he was listening to the secret through my ear. I asked him where he got that from and he just shrugged his shoulders and said "I don't know...I just thought of it." Brady and I just laughed. :)

1 comment:
Yay for Kolton's new bed! I'm glad he loves it so much and is sleeping so much better :0) and that picture of Kolton jumping off the truck is awesome! Ha!
Post a Comment