For Valentine's Day this year I did little mailboxes for Brady and Kolton for the 14 days leading up to Valentine's Day, starting on February 1st. I bought the mailboxes at Target in their dollar spot and each day they would get a note with some goodies in their mailboxes. I did things like "I o'fish'ally love you!" or "Life would be a circus without you!" or "You make me 'snicker'!" You know...like the usual candy grams. They both loved seeing what was in their mailboxes each day. Some times I wouldn't have done it yet and it would be evening and so I'd go in my room and put it together and come out and yell "Mails HERE!" and Kolton would come running to see what was in his mailbox. It was fun to do! 

Valentine's morning Kolton woke up to his mailbox full and a note from mom and dad with a special present. He got three puzzles and a Finn McMissle from Cars2. He was SO excited for his toys! He kept saying how nice we were to give him those things and how lucky he was.
Kolton and I took some pictures together that morning making some silly faces. :) He seriously loves to have his picture taken. Whenever we go somewhere fun he'll ask before we leave if I have my camera so I can take pictures of him. :)
This one he wanted us to pretend we were giving hugs...
This one we are monkeys sleeping...??
Brady had lunch on Valentine's day at 11:00 so we went to Mazzio's for lunch. He loves to eat there but he usually has lunch at 1:00 so we can't go (the lunch buffet ends at 1:15). He was excited that Kolton and I surprised him with a trip to Mazzio's.
After we took Brady back to work Kolton and I headed to the library. Kolton played on the computers and with the toys and found some books and movies. I figured out how to use the library "redbox" type thing and got Mars Needs Moms for him. He loves that movie. We've rented it from Redbox enough times to own it by now...so its good to know the library has it and you can keep it for 7 days, so that's nice too.
I made dinner that night. We were supposed to have bacon fettuccine alfredo. I don't know what is wrong with my cooking on Valentine's Day but I think every year something has gone wrong. The alfredo sauce went horribly wrong...like was all lumpy and sticky and I have no idea why. I make it all the time. SO, we went to Sonic and Taco Bueno for our Valentine's Day dinner. :)
Brady and Kolton went to the store after Brady got home from work and bought me a present and flowers. They were pretty! Kolton said that he smelled the roses and they smelled gross so he decided to get me these. They were pretty!
Here's the inside of the card Brady and Kolton made me. Its a picture of me with my flowers. I love it!
That evening we played some minute to win it games as a family. It was such a blast! We did ones that were easy enough for Kolton to participate. We threw marshmallows in cups to see who could get the most in a minute, blew cups across the table with straws to see who could do it the fastest, we put Vaseline on our noses and moved cotton balls from one side of the ottoman to the other, and then Kolton wanted to make up his own so then we threw cotton balls in to the cups. It was seriously so fun. We had a fun Valentine's Day!
The next morning Kade and Emery came over and we played some of the same games from the night before. They had fun!
These are the signs Brittney made for the kids to take pictures with. I made a storyboard and sent it to print and when I went to go pick it up it was totally cut off in all these weird places. It was weird. I was bummed...So, Brady just got to look at the pictures on the computer.

That evening I made cookies. Kolton was in his room and had no idea I had put cookies in the oven (I used pre-made dough). He came out of his room probably half way through the baking time for the cookies and was telling Brady something. He stopped mid sentence and started sniffing. He looked at us and said "I smell something..." I asked him what he smelled (trying really hard not to smile) and he said "I smell...COOKIES!" It was pretty funny! This kid has such a powerful nose! Its hilarious sometimes the things he can smell and how quickly he'll smell them.
We had a great Valentine's Day spending time together! Its so great to have a day to remember those you love!
XOXO
XOXO



















No comments:
Post a Comment