Saturday, February 18, 2012

Enjoying LIFE

I know I say this all the time, but I can't believe how long it has been since I last blogged! Its so hard to find time lately to sit down and do it.  Its sad, really.  I need to be better! We love looking back at our blog books and remembering all the fun times we've had.  If I don't blog--we can't do that! :) Sometimes life just gets away from you.  It should be easy for me right now.  I have a 4 year old who never gets in to trouble and lets me do whatever I need to do all day but I always find something else to do...Clean, work for either Tinker or Brady's dad, talk on the phone, work on my church lessons, cook...you know...just everything!
I have a lot of just completely random pictures so I'm just going to put them all in here! 
 Kolton has gotten really good at doing puzzles.  Really, thanks to Kade! He only has two puzzles (one huge one...from Kade, and one small spiderman one) but when he goes to the Foys, he and Kade will play with their puzzles a lot and Kolton has really gotten a lot better at doing them! 




 I try to have something for Kolton do that is different from just playing toys almost every day.  I don't always succeed, but I really do try.  Especially when Kade and Emery come over I try and make sure and have something planned.  Whether its a game or craft or whatever...just something.  Anyway, one time I went through a few magazines that I get that I never read (I sign up for random magazines whenever they are available for free...like I get the magazine "Ebony" monthly...and I NEVER read it!).  I cut out a bunch of stuff and labeled some papers for the kids and they each had to find red things, blue things, boys, girls and things and glue them on the appropriate papers.  They loved it! They'd get so excited when they would pick something up and correctly categorize it.  It was fun!




 
I babysat Pierson and Rigdon one day while Vanessa went up to the dental school.  Pierson brought me this paper covered in Star Wars stickers.  Vanessa said Pierson said that I would like it better than Kolton so he wanted to give it to me.  :)
 
My dad came in to town on the 6th of February for the week to do some work up at Tinker.  He was able to come see us on Tuesday and Thursday.  Kolton was SO extremely excited to see him! We met at Chili's for dinner on Tuesday.  Kolton was super cuddly with him.  :)
 He came over to our house after dinner and Kolton got to ride in his car with him.  :) They were the best of buds while he was over.  Kolton was super sad to see him go that night. 

 He came over on Thursday night as well and we ate dinner and dessert.  We always have a pie every time he comes over so we got one of those as to not break tradition.  :) Kolton showed Grandpa how good he is at playing the Kinect and said he'd teach Grandpa how to play his Kinect when we go out there the end of this month. 
 On Friday of that same week, Kolton and I made some cool pictures.  He wanted to learn how to use tape so thats how it all started.  The first one we did is the one that says "KOLTON" in white letters and has a bunch of shapes taped on it.  He liked feeling all big using the tape dispenser.  :) Then we made one for Daddy so he could feel better on his first day back to work (get to that story in the next post).  Then we made one for Kolton to keep for himself.  During the one for Brady he decided he wanted to use glue instead of tape---it was easier to glue on small things rather than tape them. 


 This is the last one we made.  Here he is hitting a baseball so high that it goes up to the birds.  He wanted to make it look like our front yard. 
 There's our house and a tree and sun and bird.  There is also our mustang parked in front of the house. 
 He also wanted a basketball goal and basketball.  He needed a truck too, like Daddy's picture.  We had a lot of fun making it all. 
 Brittney made some signs for the kids to take pictures with for Valentine's day for their dads, and so when it was time for Shawn's birthday I decided to do the same thing.  So, Kolton and I colored pictures that said "HAPPY BIRTHDAY SHAWN" on them and took pictures with them.  He drew a Book of Mormon, a bike, a picture of Shawn, a sun, a present with a tie in it, balloons, and a puppet with Shawn watching the puppet.  They were good pictures! :)

 Quick story...we were at the mall one evening and Kolton was playing in the play area.  (This happened a month or so ago but I can't find it written in the blog anywhere so I'm doing it now.) We pointed out to Kolton that once he gets taller than the guy's hand outside of the play area that he can't play in there anymore because that is the rule (even though NO ONE follows that rule...I want him to follow rules and know its important to).  He replied with: "When I get as old as that sign can I get a phone?" Brady and I were like "WHAT?! Already asking for a phone?!" I asked him what he'd do with a phone.  He said: "What you guys do...people will call me...text...check my email...you know." It was cute and we had a good laugh. 

No comments:

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers