Thursday, January 3, 2013

New Years

New Year's Eve we went to the mall to do some exchanging of Christmas presents and stuff.  Brady had this WHOLE week off so we were excited to enjoy it!! 
While we were at the mall Kolton said he was going to throw up.  We were in a store about to check out and so Brady said I should take him and he'd stay and check out. I started to walk away with him and he started throwing up.  It was all over the floor.  It was super embarrassing and I felt so bad for him! Thankfully the workers were super nice and helped clean up and weren't rude to us at all.  Kolton was so sad.  He hates being sick (as does anyone!).  We ended up just laying around all day.  Brady did go run some errands but for the most part we just watched tv and relaxed.  We pulled his mattress into our room and he slept on there at the foot of our bed.  
We were supposed to go to the Foys and have a little party for New Years but since Kolton was sick we weren't able to do that.  
This is him at midnight! Happy New Year! ;)   
 The next day Brady went duck hunting.  His friend, Mark, was able to get off work early (he is a resident at OU) and so they went together.  They went to Lexington, which is about 45 minutes away.  Brady was able to hit a duck and was pretty excited.  He said it is super fun to call in the ducks and that his adrenaline just gets going.  

 On Thursday, the 3rd, I had a work meeting I needed to go to so I went up to Tinker.  The meeting ended up being cancelled, but I stayed up there for a couple hours anyway and got some stuff done.  Then that night Brady went and played basketball and Kolton and I stayed at home and watched Thunderstruck and played Trouble.  :) 
On Friday, Mark and Brady went hunting again. This time they went to Ft. Cobb which is about an hour and a half away.  They left at 5:30 in the morning and got home at about 4 or 5 that evening.  Brady didn't end up getting anything but Mark got a couple.  He still said he had a really good time.   
This is a picture of the snow my parents got at their house! Crazy!!! That is a TON of snow! 
 And just one more picture of Kolton and I playing Trouble again! Haha.  And you can see his scooter in the background.  Proof that he rides it around the house.  Haha. He said it was perfect because he could go from the kitchen, in to the living room, and down the hall to the bathroom and that that was perfect practice for him.  :) 

No comments:

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers