Monday, December 31, 2012

Kolton's 5th Birthday

Kolton turned 5 years old. I seriously cannot believe it.  He woke up super excited and really wanted to open one of the presents that had been sitting there since before Christmas from my parents.  
 He was so excited when he saw that it was a Batman costume! He thought it was so cool since he was having a Batman birthday party.  :) 


We decided to have his birthday party on his birthday this year.  I texted his friends' parents and most of them said they could come, so we did it! I thought it was fun for him to be able to celebrate on his actual birthday.  The party started at 10:30 and we had it at the Foys again.  I'm so glad they were willing to let us use their house again! I didn't really do anything for the party and kept it as simple as I could so that I could just enjoy it instead of worrying about how the party looked or trying to cram as much stuff in as I could.  I am SO glad I did it like that.  I was able to actually enjoy his party and celebrate with him! AND, Brittney took all the pictures for me too so that I didn't have to worry about that either.  
We started with a few rounds of Superhero Bingo.   
Once everyone arrived I gave them all Batman capes that I had made the day before.  They were SUPER easy and I loved them! I just took some black fabric and cut it out in the shape of a cape and then drew a Batman symbol on paper and then cut it out of yellow fabric.  I then hot glued the Batman symbol on and put on some velcro.  It was fun and easy. 
After that we had to help Superman and clean up all the kryptonite for him.  I split them in two teams and they had to hurry and get as much as they could before a minute was up.  


 We then played the "freeze" game where you dance and when the music stops you have to freeze.  We did that for a few minutes.  

 Then we played hot potato.  The kids really seemed to like that one.  I loved how all the games were super simple games that I did when I was little and the kids loved them! 
 After that we went outside and did the pinata.  


 (Man, these pictures are way out of order for some reason...) 
 Kolton then opened presents.  His friends and grandparents were too generous and he got tons of cool toys! He was one lucky boy! 


 I love this picture! He has LOVED this scooter!! He seriously rides it around the house if we don't get to go outside! :) 



 Our cute little man! :) 
 We got a group shot of the boys...
(L to R) Pierson, Kolton, Kade Foy, Ethan Lancaster, Brigham Revell, London, Andrew Himes
 All the boys with their capes.  
 After that it was time for cake.  I got the recipe from Mindy for her really good chocolate cake and icing.  Totally didn't turn out like hers but it is what it is.  
 Our sweet 5 year old! :) 
After Kolton's party we went to Olive Garden for lunch.  We let Kolton pick where he wanted to go and that's what he chose.  The Foys came with us.  After Olive Garden we took Kolton to the mall to let him pick out one outfit.  He got to get a shirt and a pair of pants.  He picked out an Avengers shirt and "loose jeans" from The Children's Place.  (The jeans I bought him at the beginning of the school year were "slim fit" jeans and he doesn't like how tight they are so he really wanted to get a pair that were loose. Now he hates it even more when he has to wear the tight ones. :)) That evening we took one of his Christmas presents back (Brok the brachiosaurus) because it didn't really do anything.  He ended up deciding to get a video game that Kade had received for Christmas, called Skylanders.  He played it that evening for about 45 minutes or so and really go the hang of it.  He was funny to watch.  His little toes wiggle and move when he gets anxious.  It was cute.  
 We watched the Thunder game after he finished playing and had a great evening together as a family.  We had fun celebrating his birthday! 
We absolutely LOVE Kolton more than you can imagine.  He is the most talented little guy I've met.  He has a real knack for sports and loves them.  He is very coordinated and can get out there and hustle. He is super smart and does REALLY well in school.  Every time I talk to his teacher about him she goes on and on about how smart and gifted he is.  He can count to 100 like no ones business and can even do it by 2s and 10s.  While watching a Thunder game he can tell you how many points we are winning or losing by by doing the math in his head.  It amazes me sometimes how quick he'll do it.  He is blessed with amazing common sense and can figure things out.  He loves, loves, loves Brady and I.  He always just wants to please us.  His teacher at church tells us that it is so great to have someone like him in class.  He always sits so reverently and is so eager to answer the questions and he actually understands what they are talking about and can answer the questions correctly.  He still pronounces regular "reglyar" and I love it. Its probably the only word left that he doesn't pronounce correctly.  He has gotten SO good at writing.  He can sound words out and write them himself.  It amazes me.  I wish I kept better track of all the amazing things he can do, but just know, that he is one amazingly talented 5 year old in every way possible.  Brady and I are amazed sometimes that we have been blessed with such a great son.  

No comments:

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers