Friday, March 8, 2013

Shooting

So, I don't think I've mentioned that I go play volleyball with some girls from our ward.  It is really fun.  Its actually WAY out of my comfort zone and still makes me feel a little uncomfortable but its gotten more and more fun.  I really enjoy it, actually! We play every other Thursday night at the church.  It's awesome! 
Friday, February 22nd, I had to work a job fair for EMC.  I was making myself so nervous about it! I could not wait until it was over.  Haha.  It actually didn't turn out that bad and I was glad I did it.  That night Brady and I went on a date with the Foys to Charlestons.  Yum yum! 
Saturday morning we slept in! It was awesome!! Then we went grocery shopping and decided to buy some things to go shooting that afternoon.  I called the Hulsmans and asked if we could go to their land and they were more than happy to let us do that.  I've shot a gun literally one time...like pulled the trigger once, so I was excited to do it some more.  It was a little farther away than we thought, but we were so glad we went! (We thought it would be about 45 minutes but it was more like 1 1/2 hours) 
 We shot the .22 rifle and Brady's 12 gauge shotgun.  
 Kolton shot the .22 a lot and loved it! He hit the target!! :) 
 Brady would help Kolton aim.  It was so cute to watch! Love my boys! 

 I shot both guns as well.  I shot some clay pigeons hanging from a wood pallet and then Bro. Hulsman and Bro. Salisbury came over and wanted to see me shoot the shotgun so they threw some pigeons for me.  The first one they threw I just shot.  Literally.  Didn't aim or anything.  They laughed.  Haha.  After that I was a little more patient and would aim for it.  I never did hit one, but I got close a couple of times.  :) 
 I could not figure out how to throw the clay pigeons.  I stunk at it.  So, Brady had to throw them himself.  I'd give the thrower to him, he'd throw the pigeon and then drop the thrower, aim and shoot.  At the end we took 10 and counted how many he hit (just so he'd get an idea of how accurate he was being) and he hit 7 out of the 10 so that was pretty good!
 Kolton was our little helper giving us the clay pigeons and then he cleaned up all the empty shotgun shells off the ground before we left.  Brady taught him that you always leave places cleaner than when you got there, so Kolton picked up ones that weren't from us as well.  He did awesome.  


We had a really good time and I'm so glad we went! Definitely need to do it again and soon! 

No comments:

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers