Monday, March 11, 2013

Southlakes Soccer

Monday, the 4th, I watched the Foys so that Brittney could run some errands.  She had several things she needed to do before they left for Utah later that week so she asked me to watch her kids for a few hours for her so she could take care of some of them.  The kids had a lot of fun playing and spent a lot of time outside.  
That afternoon Brady and I went to sign our taxes.  We are so frustrated with our taxes but sat down with the CPA and he explained some things we could do so that hopefully next year we won't be in the same situation we are in this year.  Let's hope!! 
Also on Monday, a 12 year old kid took a loaded gun to one of the Moore elementary schools. All I could think about was what if it was Kolton's school? How scary! And where were this kid's parents?! Anyway, makes you think just how wicked and scary things are getting here on Earth.  
Monday night Kolton had his first soccer practice.  He was so excited but really nervous too.  He loved it and I love his team.  He has really good coaches and I'm so excited for this season.  I think he is going to learn a lot and will be challenged in the games which will help him grow as a player as well.  There's 6 kids on his team (Beckett Bailey (his dad is the coach), Kolton, Kade, Evan (friend of the Baileys), Ethan Lancaster (his dad is assistant coach), and Cody Craft (friend of the Baileys)).   


Tuesday Brady got off early and we went to a late lunch to Urban Grill.  Love their chocolate cake!! Yum yum! Tuesday night was also basketball.  
Wednesday I had a presidency meeting and then when I got home we went and got ice cream.  Kolton was recognized at school for his extra good behavior and so Brady wanted to take him out for a treat.  
Thursday I went to work and totally wore two different earrings.  I didn't even notice until well after work.  I was pretty embarrassed.  Haha.  Oh well.  Brady had to open and close at the bank that day so he worked a 12 hour day and didn't get home until 7:30 that night.  Before he got home I went outside with Kolton and watched him play soccer.  It was so nice out.  He had a ton of fun out there and I took some pictures.  











 After Brady got home we ate dinner and then just vegged and watched the Thunder game.  
 I also got out 2011 blog book in the mail! I was pretty excited!! Unfortunately, there were several ink splotches and whatnot on the cover and throughout the book so I contacted Blurb and they are sending me a new one.  I still love it, though! I don't know what I'm going to do with the messed up book, though.  Seems weird to throw it away but I don't know what I'd do with two of the same book.  

 Just sorting his gardetto's.  

 Friday I watched Reese and Owen Finnestad while their dad, Ross, was at work and their mom, Angela, was out of town for her grandpa's funeral.  Kolton had a really fun time having friends over and they just played and played and played.  Friday night we went to the Hime's for dinner and Brady helped Mark work on their swing set they had bought this last week.  They didn't get too much done before it got dark but were still able to do a few things.  We had a good time hanging out and eating yummy food.  Jill made beans and enchiladas and I brought a salad.  I then also brought brownies and ice cream and stuff for strawberry shortcake.  It was some delicious food! 
Saturday morning Kolton had his first soccer game of the season.  I was worried all week that it would get rained out because the forecast showed thunderstorms on Saturday.  I was so worried about it Friday night that I didn't sleep well.  Haha.  Yeah, I'm that crazy! Anyway, he ended up being able to play! It was just super windy and a little misty but not too bad.  Kolton's jersey still hasn't come in yet so we had him wear a green shirt.  Brady then also took some athletic tape and put his number on the back of his shirt.  

 Kolton's team won 6-5.  They were down 5-2 at the end of the third quarter and then they scored 4 goals and didn't let them score anymore.  It was so fun! Kolton scored 4 goals and then also stopped 2 goals.  He was out there playing his hardest.  So fun to watch! I am really happy that we decided to join Southlakes instead of doing the Y again.  The ref was a legitimate ref who stayed on top of the clock and would stop it any time the ball went out of bounds etc. and kept track of the score and marked it on the score card that the coaches got at the end of the game.  It is just much more organized.  And the kids that play are kids who actually want to play and aren't just being forced to be in a sport by their parents.  Anyway, I just really like it.  Kolton worked really well with his team too and tried to do anything he could to help them.  He'd give high fives and cheer for them and everything.  It was great to watch! 
After the game I went grocery shopping and Brady worked on homework.  He pretty much did homework all afternoon until about 4:15.  We then went to the Himes so Brady could help Mark work on the swing set some more.  While they did that Jill and I put together a bench and a rocking chair.  It was fun! Kolton had a blast playing there.  It started to rain while we were there and the kids all jumped on the trampoline in the rain.  They had a ton of fun! 
 We left at about 6 or 6:30 and went and got some Chinese for dinner and rented Breaking Dawn pt 2 from Redbox.  We ate and watched that while Kolton watched Hotel Transylvania.  
Sunday was daylight savings so we lost an hour of sleep.  So hard when you have church at 9:00! After church we took a 3 hour nap and then went to the Brammer's for dinner at 4:30.  I left at like 6:00 to go home and change and head to our Great to be 8 fireside that we were doing.  We set up and I played some prelude until it started at 7:00.  It was really short and sweet and we were done cleaning up and everything by 8:00.  I went back to the Brammers and picked up Kolton and Brady and then we went home.  
It was a fun and busy week! Seems like every week is like that though! Must have a good life here! ;) 

1 comment:

Sonja said...

Jennifer! Your life looks so fun! Kolton is such a lucky kid to have such terrific parents! I would definitely keep the blobbed book. It's always better to have two copies of your memories, just in case.
I'm glad everything is going so well! Keep up the good work, momma!

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers