So, on Tuesday, April 2nd, I was just laying in my bed watching tv and being lazy. I wasn't feeling super great and just wanted to rest. Kolton was out in the living room playing and watching tv. At like 10:30 he came running in my room crying. I picked him up and held him on my lap and he said his finger hurt. I let him cry a minute and then I tried to look at his finger. I fully thought that I'd look at it and tell him it was fine and help him stop crying and send him on his way to go play some more. However, when I looked at his finger, it was a little crooked. I told him to make a fist and his ring finger totally went over his pinky. So, I decided to take him to the Urgent Care. He was so sad and I felt so bad for him. As we were driving to the doctor I asked him again what happened and now that he was a little more calm he was able to tell me a few more details. He said he was jumping from one couch to the other and didn't jump far enough and hit the arm of the couch and heard a "ccccrrrrr" noise. Then I knew I was right and he had actually broken it. haha. So, we took him in and they x-rayed him and sure enough the bone right above the middle knuckle was broken in a u-shape on his right ring finger.
They didn't want to tape it or anything so they put these Velcro things on it to keep his finger from moving. The doctor said it wasn't on a growth plate or anything and should heal just fine. He said if Kolton was a little older and his bones weren't as soft as they were then it probably wouldn't have even broken. He told us to go see our doctor in 3 weeks to have it checked and that it should be healed by then.
Poor guy was just totally exhausted from it all. We ended up using tape and gauze on his fingers and then just using the Velcro strips when he'd shower or take a bath because they constantly fell off. He'd wake us up during the night with nothing on his fingers and we'd have to look forever trying to find the Velcro strips. The gauze and tape worked much better.
That night Brady had his first night of school. He had been doing an accounting 1 & 2 class online since January, but this was his first night of on-campus school. It starts at 6:00 and goes until 10:00 (although I think only once has he been there until 10:00...usually he gets done about 9:00 or so). The campus is up in Bethany so it takes him about 30-45 minutes to drive there. We are so grateful he is able to go back to school, though and we know it will bless our family.






No comments:
Post a Comment