Tuesday, July 23, 2013

Puppies, Sleepover, and First Doctor's Appointment

Thursday night, the 4th of April, Missy started having her puppies.  We were supposed to hang out with the Foys because Sterling was leaving the next day to move up to Omaha but we could tell something was up with Missy and we thought she'd for sure be having her puppies that night.  So, instead, they came over late that evening to say goodbye.  While they were there Missy had her first puppy.  It was sad to say goodbye to Sterling.  I was glad Brittney was staying a bit longer :) but knew that since Sterling was leaving she would be leaving sooner rather than later as well.  Poor Brady was up all night that night with Missy watching and helping her have puppies.  He came and woke me up at 5:00 I think and asked if I would take a turn and let him sleep a couple of hours before he had to go to work.  Missy ended up having 6 puppies. 
Friday, April 5th, I took Missy and the puppies to the vet.  We had the dewclaws removed and had them give Missy a shot to help clear out her uterus. 
We had Kade spend the night that night.  We took the boys to Chick-fil-a for dinner and let them play and then got a redbox movie for them and pulled the mattresses into the living room.  They had fun laughing and watching their movie and eating popcorn.  I think they fell asleep around 11 or midnight. 

 Saturday morning they had a soccer game at 9:00.  Our team got demolished.  Haha.  Afterwards Kade went with his grandma and grandpa to drive up to Omaha for a week.  We watched conference, slept, went to Academy and got Brady a backpack and then I went to the Himes while Brady was at the priesthood session of conference. 
 Sunday we watched conference and then had the Himes over in between sessions for kabobs.  They were yummy! Unfortunately, I felt super sick that day, so that was a bummer.  It was fun, though! And I love grilled food!!
Tuesday, the 9th, we had our first doctor's appointment.  I was so so nervous.  Jill babysat Kolton for us and Brady and I just went together.  I was so relieved when they started the ultrasound and you could see the heartbeat right away.  It was so exciting! The heart rate was 167 bpm.  The baby measured 8 weeks and 1 day at 1.67 cm long.  They also noticed I had a cyst on my right ovary.  It was just so great to see that little baby and that little heartbeat.  I love ultrasounds! I think it is so cool that you are able to see your baby like that!

No comments:

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers