Oh my, time for some catch up!
Bentley was such a sweet, sweet baby! He did so well letting anyone hold him and he slept a ton! He was jaundice so we had to take him to the doctor on the 13th to be checked and to be weighed. I feel so bad, but I cannot remember what he weighed when we took him in. But, he had lost more weight and his bilirubin level was still a little elevated but not too much so the doctor wasn't worried...just wanted to see us again on Friday, the 15th.
Kolton absolutely loved holding Bentley and would ask to hold him all the time.
My mom would take care of him a lot too! She and Kolton would go upstairs a lot with Bentley and I'd sleep. Haha. It was great to have her there.
So, so sweet! One night in that first week he slept for 5 hours and Brady woke him up so we could feed him. We didn't want him loosing anymore weight. My milk took a little longer than normal to come in and so Bentley was getting so hungry. The little colostrum that I had wasn't holding him over and he would just scream and scream when I'd try and feed him. So, we finally caved and got some formula and fed that to him and he loved it and was so much happier. Luckily my milk came in the next day and he was much happier after that.
Everyone took naps when they could. :)
My mom brought Kolton some sketch pages like this for him to draw on. He loved it so much! Madison also found some old books she had and gave them to him also. They kept him busy for a while!
So, so tiny in the carseat! We took him in on the 15th to be checked for his weight again. He hadn't lost anymore weight but hadn't gained any either so we had to come back on Tuesday to be checked again.
Saturday Kolton had his last soccer game of the season! I was going to take Bentley but it was SUPER windy outside so I left him at home with Brady's parents and my mom, Brady, and I went to the game.
This is out of order but that morning, the 16th of November, Bentley took his first bath at home. He joined big brother, Kolton, and dad in the bath. He loved it!!
Here's Kolton's team.
Coaches Aaron, Kevin, and Evan's dad (can't remember his name right now...)
Ethan, Beckett, Drew, Kolton, Evan, and Andrew
Kolton loves to get his medals!
I love how they are all happy in this picture! So cute!
I tried twice to take some pictures of Bentley when we was less than a week old. So hard because he got so cold and would just cry. None really turned out but here are some just so I can see how sweet and little he was! :)
Those lips!!
Kolton stepped in and would hold him some to calm him down. Such a sweet big brother.
His faces. Haha.
His eyes are just so mesmerizing!
Bentley was done! :)
Look at all that hair! I know it isn't a ton but I was expecting much less!
On Sunday everyone went to church except for me. I stayed at home and snuggled with sweet Bentley. I just can't believe this sweet boy is my son!
Brady had to go back to work on Monday. It was hard having him gone. I loved having him home with us all the time. On the 19th we also took him in for a check-up. He weighed 7 lbs 10 oz so he still wasn't up to his birthweight yet but he had gained so they were happy.
My mom left on Wednesday. So sad. Every time I looked in the rear view mirror while driving home Kolton's eyes would be teary. It broke my heart. Then when we got home he'd just look up the stairs and get sad.
We set up the Christmas tree on the 25th of November. Kolton was so excited to help!
This is what Brady and Bentley did while we decorated. ;) Haha. Its just not Brady's thing. :)
Bentley also had a doctor's appointment that day for his two week checkup. He weighed 8 lb 1.6 oz. He was 21.25 inches long and his head was 35 cm around. We got a prescription for some medicine that day for some puss filled pumps around his diaper area. Couldn't tell if it was an allergic reaction to the diapers or what so we got an ointment to put on it and it went away almost immediately.
Eating Thanksgiving dinner. Kolton loves time with his cousins.
London, Kolton, Pierson.
Landon and Rigdon.
Here's Mr. Bentley at 3 weeks old! Sleeping away! :)
Kolton is obsessed with the game Life and Clue. We've played it a lot!
On Monday, December 2nd we were at the park with the Himes. Kolton was riding his scooter and he fell off pretty hard. He was crying and I had him come sit by me on the bench. He had a few scrapes but none were bad so I thought he was just fine. He was coddling his hand but after a while he went out and played some more so all was fine. That evening Madison said his hand looked kind of swollen but it was hard to tell. The next morning, though, it was most definitely swollen so Brady took him to the urgent care to get it looked at. Turns out he broke a bone in his hand and they wanted us to go see a pediatric orthopedist. I felt bad that I hadn't taken care of it that day when it happened but I couldn't tell it was broken! We took him in on Thursday and got a cast for him. He thought it was pretty cool, but unfortunately we had to take him out of basketball because of it.
We had a big ice/snow storm and the kids had 3 days out of school I think. Kolton went out with Grandpa and played while Grandpa shoveled. He got to drive donuts too.
Relaxing and enjoying his snow day. :)
Here's a lame picture of Mr. Bentley on his one month birthday! It was such a great month with him! We just love him so much and love having him part of our family! He is such a cutie!!





































































No comments:
Post a Comment