Thursday, March 13, 2014

Tis the Season: Christmas Celebrations 2013

First, I forgot to post in the last post that Bentley's cord fell off on November 25th (his 2 week birthday).  It was a glorious day! :) I'm always so happy when those come off...not a big fan of them.  
December 12th we made our annual trip to Bass Pro to go see Santa.  Kolton was super excited! We met up with the Himes and played around for a bit.  We also ran in to Jeff and Vanessa up there too who had also gone to go see Santa.  Kolton told Santa he wanted a Dodge Ram truck. 
 This year they had a carousel.  Kolton that it was pretty cool, but let me tell you...that thing went SLOW! Haha. It literally made me laugh when it started up. ;) 



 Bentley sleeping all sweetly.  He's wearing a shirt Kolton wore when he was a baby. So crazy to see another one of your children wear some of the other child's clothes.  
 Poor Kolton had to take baths like this with his cast.  His arm would get so tired but he took it like a champ. 
 We made a Christmas countdown tree this year.  We drew a tree and then Kolton cut out ornaments and then numbered them and then he'd put one on each day until there was only 1 day left and that one was a star.  


 On December 13th we went to Brady's parent's ward Christmas party.  I had that Santa hold Bentley so we could get a picture of him on his first Christmas with Santa.  ;) 
 I have so many pictures like this.  Kolton is such a sweet big brother.  I can't say it enough.  
 On December 15th Bentley smiled for the first time.  Brady was the lucky one to pull it out of him.  It was so exciting! 
On December 18th Kolton got his cast off! He only had it for a couple of weeks because the doctor didn't want to make him come in over Christmas break to get it off so he said it would be fine to take it off early.  Kolton's hand was a little sore for a few days but then it was fine.  He was pretty nervous to get it cut off but the technician that did it was super great with him and showed him how it wouldn't cut him or anything.  I thought he was great.  






 I went to Kolton's school Christmas party with him.  He was so excited for me to come.  They made ornaments and decorated sugar cookies and she read them a book.  


 I also got to meet his best friend, Joseph, that day.  
 On the 21st we got a big old ice storm.  It covered everything in ice.  Jill was going up to the Devon tower to do Christmas crafts and I was supposed to go with her but I couldn't get the ice off my car.  She offered to pick Kolton up and then I met them up there once I was able to get my car mostly de-iced.  Dylen helped me get a lot of it off.  


 Here's our boys at church on the 22nd.  We had a great meeting celebrating the birth of the Savior.  
 We took a couple of pictures in the ice that morning.  It was so pretty! 

 We FINALLY closed on our house on the 23rd.  I can't even begin to explain how much of a relief that was.  It was over 3 months from the time we signed the contract to close before we actually closed.  What a nightmare.  So glad it is over, though! We didn't believe it until we got the check! :) 

 Proof of Bentley's smiling.  :) He's also in his Christmas Eve jammies.  
Kolton, as always, was super excited to open his present! We made him wait until after dinner (ham, potatoes, punch, etc.).  He's just so cute! 


Right as I took the picture Grandpa reached over and pulled his pants down.  Haha.  It was too funny! Perfect timing!
We fixed his pants and did a redo.  ;) 

Since we had a newborn I just wasn't up for making cookies for real so we bought some cookie dough and Kolton laid them out on the cookie sheet and we baked them for Santa.  
Our sweet boys in front of the tree.  
Kolton set out a few cookies and some milk for Santa.  
Per tradition we got up in the middle of the night and did a little sneaking to see what Santa brought.  
We got up around 7 or so to do all the present opening.  Its so fun to watch Kolton open his presents.  He is just so stinking excited. 





After presents we all got ready and dressed.  The rest of the family was coming over around 1 or so.  
We took a picture of all the grandkids in matching clothes.  
(Back row: Pierson, London, Esme, Rigdon
Front row: Bentley, Kolton, Carter, Landon)
This picture makes me laugh because us parents stepped in to take a picture with the kids but Kolton didn't realize he was in the picture too so all the pictures I have he isn't looking or smiling.  So funny.  
After dinner (Mexican food) the kids got to open their presents.  


It was a fun Christmas as always.  Kolton loved all his gifts! Bentley got presents too, he just didn't know it.  :) He is starting to play with some of his toys he got now that he is a little older and more aware of what's going on around him.  It was hard to really get in to it when I was so tired and still getting used to having another kid, but I don't think Kolton seemed to notice.  We missed a few of our traditions, but we will definitely have to do them next year when we are in our own house again and Bentley is older.  :) 


No comments:

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers