Poor Bentley developed this really bad rash the first week in December. It started out as just little white bumps and then by Friday it became these big red splotches. It was mostly on his right thigh and right side of his stomach but it ended up spreading to his arms, hands, his left leg, and his forehead. We never did figure out what it was from, but I am suspecting it is either from apple juice or a new brand of his lactose free milk I bought. I'm not a very good scientist because I stopped giving him both of those and then it went away so I'm not sure which one (if either of them) are the cause. He had also been on an antibiotic for an ear infection and had had a really high fever so it could have been from either of those. It now is back to the little white bumps on his thigh and right side of his stomach and doesn't seem to bother him anymore so we are good for now! :)
Friday night, the 5th, Brady and I went out with some friends to go see Mockingjay Pt.1 and then to a friend's house for dessert. I thought it was a pretty good movie, but Brady thought it was pretty slow. I'm sure since I read the book it seemed a little more exciting because I have more of a relationship with the characters, but regardless we had a great time together and with our friends.
Saturday morning Kolton had his first basketball game of the season. On our way there he said he was so nervous but then once he got out there he got in his groove and did awesome! We ended up winning 42-30 and Kolton had 20 points.
Sunday was the Christmas devotional and the Elders came over to watch it with us. I made some treats and we enjoyed a great message about Christmas and then we showed the Elders Pentatonix's version of "Mary Did You Know?" They loved it!
Monday, the 8th, Kolton had his class pictures at school. I had do document just how handsome he looked. :)
Monday, the 8th, Kolton had his class pictures at school. I had do document just how handsome he looked. :)
Monday evening for FHE we delivered treats to a few families. We doorbell ditched them and Kolton thought it was so fun! Unfortunately only two of the five families we did were home, so that took away from some of the excitement, but it was still fun!
One morning I was getting ready to vacuum and so I put the ottoman up on the couch. I had my back turned and Kolton was brushing his teeth when all of a sudden I hear Kolton say "oh! oh! oh!" so I turn around just as Bentley is pulling the ottoman down on him. I can't really explain what it looked like but it was scary! I moved so fast and literally threw that thing off of Bentley. He was screaming (of course) but wasn't too badly hurt besides a couple marks on his head.
Friday was my work's Christmas lunch. They treated us to a lunch at Vast (the restaurant at the top of the Devon tower).
Unfortunately it was foggy and the clouds were really low that day, so this was our view. :(
Their lunch is a buffet, so that was nice! They had delicious food and I really enjoyed myself.
Brady's parents watched Bentley for me and after we left from there to go home, he fell asleep pretty quickly!
Saturday morning I went grocery shopping and then we all went to the Thunder court so Kolton could play. After that he and Brady went to do some Christmas shopping and then went out to lunch at Teds for some stud bud time.
That afternoon Kolton had another basketball game. He did amazing!! He had 36 points and several good assists. We recorded his game and went back and watched it on Sunday and it was so fun to really see how talented and smart he is out there!
Oh, Friday after school I was getting in my car to leave to go take Jeff and Vanessa's family pictures when the Himes pulled up in the driveway. Jill had surprised me with a nativity! I had wanted to make one but could never get myself over to her house so she decided to make one for me! I absolutely love it!!
Sunday evening the elders showed up at our door to visit. Elder Thompson is leaving on Wednesday to go home after serving in our ward for several months. He is an amazing missionary and we have really loved getting to know him!
Brady has been going to physical therapy for almost two weeks now, three times a week. It has done wonders with his ankle! He now can sometimes walk without crutches (with the boot on) which is amazing. PT is pretty painful but he can tell it is really helping him and he is getting better way faster than he would on his own. Monday morning he had to go before work at 7:00 and they started his day off with electro shock therapy and heat. :)
Monday evening we went to Bass Pro to go see Santa!! Kolton was super excited! But, oh my! When we got there I couldn't believe the line!! We've never waited more than 15 minutes to see Santa there but last night we waited for over an hour!! The Himes and Storeys went with us and so the ladies all stood in line and the men took the kids over to go play with all the cool things they have set up.
Bentley was pointed to the carousel so I took he and Kolton on it. At first when I tried to sit him down on it he was not happy but once he got on there and the carousel started moving he loved it! Every time we'd go around he would be looking for Brady and then get all happy when he'd see him. It was cute!
Kolton made sure to pick the tallest animal to ride on. :)
We were all tired of waiting in line by the time we got close. ;)
Kolton was adorable up there and asked Santa for NBA 2k15 and Just Dance.
Bentley however was not a fan of the big man. At first when I put him on his lap I thought we might be able to get a picture without him crying but that quickly changed and he was horrified!
My friend took this picture and I think it totally embodies visits with Santa. Baby screaming and older brother trying to calm him down. I love it.
Today I watched Esme and Rigdon so that Vanessa could go eat lunch with her friends for Christmas. Bentley and Esme had a good time together and were cute to watch!




























No comments:
Post a Comment