January 11th I decided it was time to make Bentley's bed a toddler bed and take away his binky. I don't know why I decided I'd do both in the same day but I guess I figured "go big or go home." Haha. I cut the tip off his binky and then just threw it on the floor so that he'd find it. When he went to pick it up he just put it in his mouth then made a weird face and took it out and said "uh binky bwoken." He tried it a couple more times that day but each time the same thing happened. Then he just gave up.
While I was working on his bed he found my phone and took his very first selfie. Haha.
We went to Hobby Lobby that morning and I let him pick out some fabric so we could make him a blanket for his bed real quick. He picked Toy Story fabric with Woody and Buzz on it. At nap time he had a hard time going to sleep without his binky so I ended up sitting next to his bed for a few minutes, rubbing his face, for him to calm down and get real sleepy then I slipped out. He did great and slept in his bed for his nap. That night Brady was a softy haha and decided Bentley shouldn't have to do a new bed and no binky in the same night so he gave him his binky. Bentley did pretty well staying in his bed but didn't sleep through the night like I hoped and dreamed. Haha.
Tuesday night Kolton had basketball practice. They were scrimmaging and while he was playing he got hit in the face with the ball, made a shot, and then realized his nose was bleeding. And boy was it bleeding! He came over to me on the bleachers with his hand under his face and I told him to hurry and go to the bathroom. One of the dad's followed him in there and then came out a couple minutes later and said no one was in there if I wanted to go in and help him. I went in there and there was blood everywhere! And it wasn't stopping. Thick blood just kept coming and coming! Finally we got it to stop and he was able to go back out there. I was nervous he was going to get hit again and it would bleed some more! Haha. The poor workers had to get all gloved up and get all sorts of cleaners to clean up the bathroom floor and sinks and stuff.
That night when we got home I put Bentley to bed. He didn't cry or anything when I put him down but I could hear movement in his room. I looked in the monitor and I could see him laying over by the door. He moved a few times and then once I stopped hearing things I checked on him and he was sacked out on the floor near his door.
We have another back rub lover in our house. Once he figured out he could take his shirt off and get his back rubbed he constantly would come up to you and say "wub you please?" it was so sweet.
Bentley went through a phase where he would take about a 45 minute nap in his bed and then come out and sit on my lap and sack out immediately and then proceed to sleep for another hour or two sometimes!
Sometimes it is hard to just sit on the couch holding him when I have a bunch of work to do and the house is a mess but other times I enjoy every minute holding this sweet little guy in my arms.
January 14th we were just sitting there in the house when all of a sudden we lost power. We thought we'd get it back in a couple of minutes but it got darker and darker and we were going longer and longer without power. The boys had fun playing with the headlamps. Haha. We finally decided to head out to Orange Leaf and get some ice cream. As we were getting ready to leave my right eye started hurting really bad and it was all blurry but I couldn't see anything in the mirror because it was too dark and with the flashlight there was too much glare. So when we got in the car I tried to see what was going on and it totally looked like my contact wasn't there but I couldn't quite tell. When we got to orange leaf I looked in the mirror there in the bathroom and was able to tell that my contact wasn't there but it felt like something was in my eye. Looked online to see if contacts can get stuck up in your eye and sure enough they can. So creepy!! So I posted to Facebook to see if anyone else had had this happen and if they had any advice on how to fix it. We ended up doing a mixture of things they suggested when we got home. Luckily we had power by the time we got there and we got a q-tip and some contact solution. The contact was folded up in the back of my eye so Brady held my eye open and poured contact solution up there and used the q-tip to grab it and pull it down. Scariest time of my life! Haha. Seriously, though, it really freaked me out. I was so happy to get it out!
Saturday morning we went and got donuts. Brady usually gets them for us every morning but he was gone hunting so we all had to go get them. No one was complaining though. :)
Brady posted this picture of himself that morning hunting and wrote the sweetest message on Instagram.
"So grateful for a wife that wakes up at 3 am and makes me a PBJ sandwich and helps me load up the truck so I can go duck hunting. She is so supportive in my hobbies, interests, and passions."
Brady's truck was FILTHY! They ended up having to go through this pretty deep puddle of mud and almost got stuck. Brady said it went up to the bumper once they got in there and the truck started to just go sideways but they were able to get out. Luckily there were two trucks there that had just gone through it themselves that could have pulled them out if they did get stuck. Haha.














No comments:
Post a Comment