Tuesday, March 22, 2016

First Week of January

Sunday was a relaxing, lazy day.  It was our first Sunday of 9:00 church...boo! Haha.  Oh, and we had Bentley sleeping in our room with us since we needed to use his room for family.  He made himself at home in our bed, that is for sure!
Church was great.  I went to relief society with the girls and there was some interesting comments.  Haha.  McKenzie and I tried to make comments thought brought us back on subject but then the conversation quickly went off course again.  We even had a lady tell us she'd teach us how to wipe with grass.  Haha.  I'm telling you it was very interesting. 
After church we ate leftovers (we had Panda Express the night before and lots of people had some left) and sandwiches and such and just laid around and hung out. 




It was such a great week and I'm so glad my mom was able to come out and spend it with us and that so much of my family was able to come for a few days for Kolton's baptism.  It was so fun!
On Monday we met up with Vanessa at Heydey for the boys to do lasertag and the ropes course while Vanessa and I watched the babies.  We kept them busy with snacks.  Haha. 

We ventured outside that afternoon and I let the boys play outside in the freezing cold!! They didn't care but I sure did! Haha. 




Snapped a quick picture of Kolton on January 5th at basketball.  They were doing drills.  He's so talented out there!

On January 6th I went with Joni to the Sam Noble Museum for a couple of hours.  Bentley thought it was cool he was going somewhere fun just he and I, you could tell.  It was cute! He had fun playing with Trey.  I think this picture is so cute with their goggles and everything. 

So...Christmas Eve I was getting cake decorating stuff out to decorate the sugar cookies.  A container of frosting dye had leaked in a plastic bag onto a bunch of stuff that was in the bag.  I didn't feel like taking the time to clean it out at that moment so I sat it on the counter.  Well, being lazy and busy for the next two weeks lead me to leave it sitting there for a rainy day to clean it out.  Haha.  Finally picked it up and the dye had leaked out of the plastic bag and was all absorbed into the granite!! I about had a heart attack!! I was so mad at myself for leaving it there all this time and not just taking care of it when I pulled it out of the container on Christmas Eve.  I researched ways to pull dye out of granite and found one that several people suggested.  I did it 3 times and it mostly got it all out but if you look there you can still see it.  Most people don't notice it until you point it out but it is still a sore subject for me.  Still can't believe I let that happen.  At least it looks a lot better than it did!!

Kolton had a game January 8th and he did awesome!! He scored 16 of his team's 32 points on 8/11 shooting, had two blocks, and 3 assists to help his team come back for the win.  The final score was 32-25.  It was awesome!
Saturday, January 9th it snowed a little bit.  So pretty! Brady was out hunting in it so he was freezing! haha.  But his group got a few ducks, so it was a successful hunt! ;) Only one person in our family was even excited to go play in it...Kolton.  Haha.  He jumped on the trampoline for an hour playing basketball in the snow.  It was super cute. 





That afternoon there was a baptism for a young woman in our ward so I left the boys home to rest while I went to it.  When I came home I found Brady and Bentley asleep on the couch and Kolton in my room playing video games.  Haha. 


No comments:

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers