On Friday, the 1st, my mom and I headed to the store to pick up some groceries. Bentley totally sacked out while we were shopping so I had to squish my coat under his head so he had something relatively soft to lay on. Haha. A few minutes after we got home Brady and Kolton got home with my dad, Shawn, Cambrea, and Shawn's girlfriend, McKenzie. They came into town for Kolton's baptism.
This was the first time for us to meet McKenzie so we were excited for that and it had been a few years since Shawn and Cambrea had been to Oklahoma so we were exicted to have them here as well. It was just so great to have so much family in town. They ate lunch and then set up the car track my dad had bought.
We ate spaghetti that night for dinner, I believe, and then we headed out to Braums for some ice cream. You gotta take visitors to Bruams when they come! :)
My mom and dad stayed in a hotel so late that night, after watching Jurassic Park (my mom had bought that movie for Kolton while she was here that week) they headed to the hotel and then we all went to bed. Kolton's baptism was the next morning!!
We bought Kolton two new ties for his baptism and let him pick which one he wanted to wear. Brady taught him how to tie his own tie. Kolton did a pretty good job!
When my parents got there that morning my mom gave him a couple of tie tacks that she had gotten for him for his baptism. One was a soccer one with CTR on it and the other was a basketball with CTR on it. He chose to wear the soccer one that day.
This is what his program looked like. We also had the words printed on a piece of paper that we slid into each program.
Bentley loved watching the water fill up in the tank.
Our sweet little 8 year old. He ended up having his baptismal interview right before his baptism because church had been cancelled the Sunday before due to bad weather.
We set up all the chairs in the Relief Society room and still had to go get more chairs from other rooms so that everyone could have a seat! It was packed and filled with the Spirit. So, so many people there to support and show love to Kolton. It was just amazing. I wish I could have gotten a picture of everyone that was there. The Himes drove up from Dallas to be there too, so that was awesome! It was so great to see them and so nice of them to make the trip to be here for Kolton! We had three non-member families come: Rick and Cindy Sims and Robby and Shelly Mosley. It was great. I'm going to try and make a list of everyone there..I hope I can remember everyone.
Grandma and Grandpa Moffett
Cambrea Moffett
Shawn Moffett and McKenzie Miller
Jaycee and Adam Stevens (Landon and Carter)
Jeff and Vanessa Brammer (London, Pierson, Rigdon, and Esme)
Dylen and Chyeanna Brammer
Grandma and Grandpa Brammer
Mark and Jill Himes (Andrew, Renee, Lilly, and Bailey)
Randy and Joni Widdison (Danielle, Tayte, Trey, and Edyn)
Carolyn and Annie Maruska
Cassidy Lundberg (Luke)
Ross and Angela Finnestad (Braeden, Reese, Owen, and Finn)
Adriana Adling (Zoey Adling)
Jason Landrum (Rafe)
Maylene Sorrels
Rick and Cindy Sims (Jordan and Reese)
Robby and Shelly Mosley
Neal and Sarah Storey (Ryley and Laura Rose)
Katee Bailey (Beckett)
Kristina Sorenson (Hunter and Jourdan)
Jenny Hinckley (Kamri and Carson)
I sure hope I remembered everyone. It was such a special baptism and the spirit was so strong. Shawn played a beautiful musical number while Brady and Kolton were getting dressed. It was awesome. I failed horribly to get pictures with everyone that was there but I do have a few.
Dylen and Cheyanna stayed just for Kolton's baptism and then left straight from there to drive back to Utah. It was super nice of them to stay for him and give the talks for him at his baptism.
It was such a great day that was so special for Kolton and our family. I feel so blessed to be a part of it and to have been able to witness Kolton make that promise and take that step.





















No comments:
Post a Comment