I had an awesome 30th birthday. Brady had to work but he got me breakfast in the morning before he left and then Brady's parents took me out to lunch to Chipotle and then they took the boys home for a little bit so I could relax and do nothing for a couple of hours. Haha. So I did that and then they brought them home. When Brady got home he gave me my present which was a Kendra Scott necklace he had picked out. I love it! Brady planned a date for us and told me that Pam would be coming to babysit the kids. So she got there at like 5:30 I think and then Brady and I left to go on our date. I didn't know what we were doing so I was excited to find out. We drove to Saltgrass and walked in. I got in line to put our names down on the waiting list and Brady took my hand and walked past the desk. I thought to myself "Oh, he must have called ahead and has a table ready for us already and knows where it is." Haha. Well we walked a few feet and then I saw my friend, Sarah Landrum, sitting at a table with a bunch of our other friends and then figured it out! He planned a surprise dinner with some of my favorite people! It was awesome! I loved it and had a blast eating and hanging out with all our friends. We have the best friends so it was just perfect. We left dinner and Brady asked if I wanted to see a movie. So we drove to the theater and walked around outside looking at the posters and then went in to go buy some tickets. A minute later Jason and Sarah showed up with tickets to the Xmen movie in the Director's Suite! Jason does security there once a week so he can get tickets for free so he had picked up some tickets for all four of us. It was awesome. It was my first time to watch a movie in the director's suite so that was awesome! It was such a great birthday and I'm so grateful for Brady for planning it all for me!
The next day we went and picked out a puppy for our family. Brady had been wanting a hunting dog for forever and finally convinced me to get one. Haha. So we went and picked out a puppy and brought him home. I then headed off to youth conference that was that weekend at the church.
We named the puppy Trigger. Getting him was like getting a newborn let me tell you. Maybe even harder because with a newborn you can put them down and you know they will be ok and will be there when you come back. With the puppy you had to keep your eyes on him 24-7 because he could pee or chew something any second you took your eyes off of him. That weekend was really busy too with both Brady and I needing to be at youth conference and having to take turns going up there. I also had to give a talk there so I was busy doing final preparations for that as well.
The next week Kolton had cub scout day camp. He was pretty excited. I just couldn't believe he was old enough to be going to that! So crazy! It was an afternoon/evening camp so he had all day to lounge around and do whatever he wanted and then we'd drop him off at the church at like 2:30 I think and then he'd get home around 9.
This summer we decided to get passes to Andy Alligators to try it out. It is just a few minutes away so I liked that about it plus most of our friends were going to get a pass there. While I did enjoy it and I liked that it was so small that I could let Kolton go down the slides without having to go stand at the bottom of them waiting for him because I could see him everywhere he was, the fact that it was so small got a little boring for the kids. I am not sure if we will go there again next year or not. We will see (if we get a pass anywhere, I guess I should say haha). They open at 11 so we'd almost always try and get there right when they opened and then swim for 2 hours and then come home so Bentley could take a nap. Inevitably almost every time Bentley would fall asleep on the way home. He was so tuckered out though that he would stay asleep while I brought him in the house and while I would change his diaper and put on shorts. He took many naps on my bed because of this.
I gave everyone haircuts the following weekend and Kolton wanted to try this haircut out. He'd been wanting to do it for a while but I was too afraid I'd mess it up but I figured since it was summer it wouldn't be as big of a deal if it didn't turn out. There were a few spots that I messed up and I don't really know exactly how to do the haircut but overall it turned out pretty good and Kolton loves it. I did Brady's like it too but didn't cut the sides as short.
June 13-17 was girls camp and I had to be there all week. It was hot and it was crazy but it was fun. I love the girls in our ward and it was so great to be able to spend a week with them. As with every girls camp there sure was drama but it all got squared away. Haha. We had fun kayaking and canoeing and only had a few casualties. Haha.
I came home dirty and exhausted! Brady and the boys surprised me and met me at the church when we got back. As we were leaving camp and getting our cabin inspected I somehow pulled a muscle and jacked my leg. It hurt pretty dang bad so Brady wanted to make sure I was ok helping the girls get all their stuff out of the truck and into their cars. I sure did miss them while I was gone and the boys missed me! Haha. They were carted around all week going to different people's houses every day so they were excited to have me home so they could just relax and stay home and Brady was excited to not have to do everything by himself. Haha.
The next day, the 18th, the Foys came into town. I can't remember why they came but we took advantage of them being here and spent as much time with them as we could. Had a couple meals with them and enjoyed chatting and hanging out. We love the times we get to see them!
On the 20th we went with Vanessa and her kids to the splash pad. They had story time there so we did that (which went too long in my opinion haha) and then let the kids play. Bentley sacked out on they way home, in the middle of eating a granola bar. :)
Kolton was tired too and was trying to catch a little cat nap later that afternoon and Bentley realized it and went running over and said "hold you a minute." It was so cute and so stinking sweet.
The 21st we went swimming with the Hinckley's. Bentley loves Brynley so he was excited to play with her. We then stopped for icees on the way home to put a cap on the great afternoon.
So, like I said before, Shawn and Mckenzie live like right around the corner from us. One evening (the 23rd of June) they showed up at our door with a container of cookies. They took a walk and ended it at our house. It was awesome.
On the 24th I had to take my car in to the dealership to get the oil changed. They dropped us off at the McDonald's down the street so the boys could play and eat lunch instead of having to wait there. The boys loved it. It had been a really long time since we had been in a McDonald's playplace.
We sure are going to be really sad when the day comes that the lot next door to us sells and someone builds on it. Our boys love playing over there climbing on the hills and riding the dirtbike over the little hills and bumps. It has been so nice to have that there.
Brady started off his birthday celebration day with a bang and did the Gauntlet. It is a 4.2 mile race with 25 (I think) obstacles. He never did end up doing any training for it like he had planned so he was pretty darn exhausted after it but felt super proud of himself for accomplishing it. I was super proud of him too! We met him at Braum's afterwards with a few of the other guys and their families and had some lunch.
After lunch he had a quick nap and then we went to dinner with Brady's parents and the Landrums. After dinner we went to go see Independence Day in the IMAX with the Landrums as well. That was a pretty good movie! So many people helped to make his day special and we were so grateful. The boys had fun too being babysat by Shawn and Mckenzie while we were out that evening.
Brady's birthday fell on a Sunday this year so after church he opened up his gifts. We got him the Yeti tumbler he had been wanting as well as a sun visor for his car that was "Ducks Unlimited." Kolton picked that out while we were at Academy one day and he was super excited to give it to him. He also got money and his favorite treats from my parents and money from his parents.
Everyone came over to our house that evening for dinner to celebrate Brady's birthday and his dad's birthday.
On the 28th of June while at Andy Alligator's Bentley decided he was going to try one of the slides. Kolton took him up there and I waited at the bottom. He was not a fan at all! He someone flipped onto his belly so when he came to the bottom the water from the slide was just rushing into his face so he wasn't too happy. But, he did it so that was exciting! Haha.
We went to Elevation one night and the boys had a ton of fun.
On the 30th the Goelz from our ward were having an open house event for their dental practice they were opening up in Newcastle. So, I took the boys and Joni and her kids followed me and we went there and played in their bounce house and ate snocones. It was super hot but it was fun!
My cousin, JD, just got diagnosed with stage IV lung cancer that has spread to his brain and neck. He has been on medication and done some radiation and the tumors have shrunk but this type of cancer is incurable so everyone is praying for a miracle. It is so sad to me and very sobering to think about. JD was a very healthy and active person who had not smoked a day in his life and he gets diagnosed with lung cancer at such a young age (30s). He has 4 little girls still (youngest is 4). It just breaks my heart but we are hoping the medicines that are available will help him live much longer and be able to watch his girls grow up. My other cousin, James (JD's brother), took a picture of JD flexing and drew the outline and created this design. They have made t-shirts, bracelets, hoodies, tanks, and decals that people can buy to help raise money for the medical costs associated with his treatment. Brady and I each got a shirt and I love it.



















































































No comments:
Post a Comment