Monday, April 10, 2017

Pinewood Derby and Basketball Tournament

In the middle of January we had a Beehive Brunch where we invited all the beehives from the stake to come together and make some crafts and learn about the youth theme for the year.  I was put in charge of making the centerpieces on a very small budget which was super stressful for me.  Haha.  But, I think they turned out nice.  Had a little "snow" in the vases and then the flowers looked like they had been flocked so it was perfect I think.  
Shawn painted this for me and I love it! Its the Oklahoma City Temple.  
Bentley and I went to go eat lunch with Brady one day and so of course Bentley fell asleep in the car on the way up there.  He tends to take car naps at very inopportune times.  
Kolton's sweet teacher, Mrs. Shirley, came to Kolton's game one Saturday morning.  He was pretty excited! I thought that was so nice of her to do that! He had a good game, too, with some pretty sweet moves.  Mr. Barnard was at the station as well and watched part of the game too! He played at 11 and then we had to leave and go straight from there to a tournament up in the city with his new club team, the Defenders.  
You could tell he was super nervous but he did pretty good for his first game! He played for about half of the game and got some points, so that was good.  Brady had to miss the first game, though, because he was going paint balling with the young men.  
Here's their group shot.  Quite the group! 
I love it when I see moments like this.  So sweet when they are getting along and being nice to each other.  It just melts your heart.  
We worked on Kolton's pinewood derby car the night before the pinewood derby.  Haha.  It was a little stressful but we got it done! :) 
He did the same design as last year but just painted it a little different.  
Bentley was running around and being goofy and decided to try and jump into Trigger's bed that was by the fireplace.  He ended up tripping and his head smacked the fireplace.  He was not a happy camper and I don't blame him.  It looked super painful.  
Bentley has started taking more of an interest in "helping" with house chores.  The vacuum probably weighs as much as he does but he tries hard and can move it around a little. 
We had the Pinewood Derby the last Wednesday of the month.  Kolton's car got 2nd place! First place went to Corbin Hinckley (it was his first pinewood derby so that was exciting!).  Kolton's car missed first place by only 3 hundredths of a second! His car averaged the time of 2.58.  First place was 2.55 and third place was 2.61 so it was a tight race! We then raced Kolton's car from last year against Kolton's car from this year and last year's car was a little faster! 



The next weekend (January 28th) we had another tournament with the Defenders.  Kolton and Bentley fit right in with these boys.  Its so funny because Bentley totally thinks he is one of the guys.  Haha.  
These boys were just living it up after winning their game 30-28.  Kolton made a 3 with seconds to go to seal the win for them.  It was exciting! 


Bentley and I got to spend some time outside enjoying the beautiful weather on the 30th.  It was so nice and Bentley was loving it! 
Bentley woke up from his nap when I was in the middle of mopping the floors.  I could tell he wasn't quite ready to be up so I sat down with him and he laid on my lap and fell back asleep and was out cold! 
Kolton won his class' Thunder reading challenge and got a prize.  Every month the Thunder provide each kid with a calendar to keep track of how many minutes they read each day and then whoever has the most minutes gets a prize.  

No comments:

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers