Kolton and his team participated in a tournament the weekend before Valentine's Day. They won first place! He has really earned himself a spot on the team and its fun to watch. Yesterday at practice they were shooting free throws and if you miss it the whole team has to run. When Kolton went up to shoot his teammate said "Oh, good, Kolton is shooting so we won't have to run." It is neat to see him succeed at something he is talented in and works so hard at.
Went to the store to buy a couple things and decided to get Trigger a toy. He loved it! But...he demolished within a few minutes. Haha. The rope lasted a little longer at least. :)
Kolton's team did a free-throw shooting fundraiser in March. People could pledge a certain amount per free throw or do flat donations and then every kid was going to shoot 50 free-throws and however many you made then that is what you earned.
We went to one of Erin Bean's basketball games and got to see her receive an award from the Air Force for her leadership and integrity. It was really cool! And she played awesome in her game as well!
We also got to see Pam Fabela be recognized for her service to the basketball team since she was a senior. These two girls are so amazing! Love them!
On the 19th we went to Brady's parent's house for dinner. Well after dinner I found Bentley and Carter sneaking cucumbers. ;)
Monday, the 20th, Kolton had the day off of school. Our day started and ended with basketball. Haha. We went in the morning to go work out with his buddy DJ and his dad. Bentley likes to shoot his ball into the ball bin because he can't get his ball high enough to make it in the regular goals.
Then for our activity for FHE we went up to the church to let the boys play basketball again. It was fun!
Bentley woke up early from his nap on Tuesday. He came out of his room pretty out of it still and clearly still tired. I was on my bed but he didn't see me I don't think because he came walking into my room and then laid down on the floor next to Trigger. It was pretty funny. He ended up getting completely on Trigger's bed with him and cuddling up. Cracked me up. I thought it was super sweet too. He sure does love that dog!
We bought a heat press and vinyl cutter and one of the first things we did was put Kolton's name and number on his shoes and the put "Defenders" and "Never Stop" on his knee pads. He thought that was pretty cool.
On the 22nd I decided it was time to clean all the mud wasp nests off of the house before they came back and occupied them this summer/spring. I had been meaning to do that since the fall but just never made it out there. There ended up being more than I thought as I got looking closely. Haha. But it wasn't too bad and I'm glad to have those gone.
At the Blue and Gold Banquet that night Kolton got his Wolf award. Just barely in the knick of time. I guess that was the last month he could earn it.
Friday, the 24th, we went and ate lunch with Kolton. Love doing that periodically!
February 25th Kolton's team had 5 games. In his first game they ended up losing 47-40 but they played so hard! Kolton only missed one shot in that game!! He got in there and got some rebounds too which he has been working on lately and we were so proud of how hard he played!
Bentley and I were spending some time outside and he started collecting rocks and putting them in his pockets. I asked him what he was going to do with them and he said "Save them!" Haha. Kids.
He has started to like making weird faces in pictures. Sometimes they crack me up!
The head of the Defender's organization hosts a skills practice on Monday nights that anyone can go to. Kolton has been to a few of them just to put in a little extra work.


























No comments:
Post a Comment