Monday, October 19, 2009

Red River Rivalry 2009

This weekend we headed down to Dallas, TX for the OU/TX game. We left Friday morning and drove down to our hotel which was actually in Addison, TX. We stayed in a Hyatt, which actually wasn't what we expected, but still very nice. (When we asked them why it wasn't like what was on the internet they said that on their website they have posted what was going to happen after they renovated the place, but they never renovated it, so...) It actually had a lot of room for all of us to move around in. It was nice!
Sterling gave Brady his other ticket to the game, so him and Sterling got to go together! They sat on the 7th row in the endzone.
We went to the Galleria, which was really close to our hotel, on Friday night. I've been there before, but I had forgotten how HUGE it actually is! It is by far the biggest mall I've ever been to!


Kolton thought it was fun to watch all the people ice skate. I thought it was cool how they had the OU and TX symbols beamed onto the rink.

They also had a pretty big play area for the kids to play on. Kolton just ran and ran around it. He had a blast playing there!




This picture makes me laugh. I wanted to take a picture of Brady and Kolton so we stopped and Kolton refused to look at me to take the picture. He kept turning his head or closing his eyes. After several tries, Brady decided no more, and the second he said that Kolton snapped his head around and smiled. It was funny! So, I got my picture! ;)

I thought it was funny that Friday night both of the boys wore orange pajamas. Oh dear! What were we thinking??

A couple in our ward was going to the game, so they asked Brittney and I to watch their youngest son for them. We gave all the boys suckers and they stood there for a few minutes just sucking their suckers and bouncing against the wall/cupboard/stove behind them. It was funny! We actually got all the boys down for naps to where they all overlapped, so we had an hour where they were all asleep! It was great!

Kolton and Kade in their OU attire. The boys would get so excited when Brittney and I would scream and cheer for OU. It was great!

Brady and Sterling ended up getting sunburned at the game. This is right after Brady and Sterling got home.

Saturday night we went to a restaurant called Texas de Brazil. It was yummy! It was the kind of restaurant where they bring skewers of meat around and you take what you want. They also had an awesome salad bar! We'll have to go there again--maybe next time as a date!

This is obviously back at home. We came home on Sunday morning. It is nice to be back home and sleep in your own bed!
Kolton loves cars! I was wanting to get him the Cars movie for either his birthday or Christmas this year but wasn't sure how interested he'd be. Brady's mom rented Cars from the library and Kolton has LOVED watching it! So, I'm definitely going to have to get that for him! This movie will occupy him for minutes on end! Its so sweet! He was sitting on our bed with his cars pillow, blankie, drink, and Cars movie while I got ready this morning. I thought it was sweet how he was sitting with his little legs crossed. He has done that since he was really little and I think it is so sweet every time I see it!


At the restaurant on Saturday night I let Kolton play with the camera. He took several videos, but this one is my favorite. I love how he says cheese each time he lifts the camera up.

1 comment:

Nessa said...

What fun!!! You and Brady are looking great!

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers