Last weekend Brady's brother Jeff and his family drove in from Utah. They got here Wednesday night and stayed through Monday. We were able to hang out with them almost the entire weekend! Thursday they went house hunting so Kolton and I went over to the Brammers so I could watch Pierson for them. We had fun taking a walk, throwing sticks in the creek, playing basketball, coloring with chalk on the driveway, watching a movie and eating snacks!! :)

Friday Kolton and I went out to get a snow cone and play at a park with Grandma Brammer, Madison, London and Pierson while Jeff and Vanessa went car shopping. Snow cones are SO yummy!! We then went back to the Brammer's house and played and ate dinner!
Saturday was Dylen's high school graduation. Brady was working so Kolton and I went up with Brady's parents and Jaycee. Its so weird to think that when I met Dylen he was in the 7th grade and now he's graduated. I just can't believe its been that long since I've known the Brammers!
Kolton did surprisingly well! I love having a toddler!! He ate goldfish and crackers and suckers throughout the ceremony.
Afterword we went to the Brammers and the boys played outside. Kolton's life revolves around sports!! And he's only 2! He would play basketball 24/7 if he could--in fact he comes pretty close to that! :)
The boys loved pushing each other in this buggy. You'd think they'd fight over who gets to ride in it but no--they fought over who got to push it! ;) We later went on a walk and all three boys took turns pushing and riding the buggy and walking beside it. At one point they decided to try running--London was pushing Pierson and Kolton was running along side it. Well, Kolton wasn't really paying attention to where he was running in comparison to where London was running so he ran in to the buggy and fell to the ground. He then got his fingers ran over and then his arm was stuck underneath. I had to run to go help him (they had run pretty far ahead of us) and he was a little freaked out! ;) For a while he wouldn't go near it and would hold real tight to me if he thought he was getting close to it.
Saturday night Kolton asked to ride the go-Kart. He hasn't had a ride in it for a long time--probably last Thanksgiving was the last time. So Grandpa went to get it out and then Kolton was refusing to ride it--he's funny like that. So we decided to make him ride with Brady because we knew he'd like it once he got on. And we were right!! He then rode with Madison and Grandpa and he was hilarious! He just kept his arms up in the air like he was riding a roller coaster! It was so funny! And then of course when the ride was over he was very upset he couldn't ride more so hopefully next time he'll remember how much fun it was and we won't have to force him again! ;)
Sunday was Lillian's birthday. She would have been 4! It is weird how time passes. Sometimes it feels like she was just here but other times it seems like SO long ago!!
Monday we decided to get Kolton a new basketball goal. We got a bigger one that adjusts heights. He loves it! Its way bigger than his old one but its nice because you can make it taller or shorter. I tell you though that thing was hard to put together for someone with my strength and my height. I'm glad its done! ;)
I had the box out in the living room but I guess he decided he wanted to play with it so he dragged it in to his room and called for me to come find him. This is where he was:
Brady worked a 14 hour day on Monday! He left at 7:30 in the morning and didn't get home until almost 10:00 that night! He was tired when he got home!!
Brittney, Kade and Emery came over to hang out on Tuesday. Kolton and Kade had fun painting together! They did really well and we didn't have any big messes--so I think that's a success!
Here's Kolton's finished product:
Wednesday night Brady went to go play basketball at the church. And I'm sure you can guess what happened--he got hurt. He landed really hard on his heel and was in a lot of pain so we went home. We sat at home for a little bit trying to see if it would feel better. It wasn't feeling any better--in fact it was getting worse so we dropped Kolton off at the Foys at 10-something at night and went to the E.R. We were there for several hours! He is still in a lot of pain and can't really walk on it. He won't be playing any basketball or softball for a few weeks and he's pretty bummed about it--Kolton will be too! He LOVES watching Brady play sports! We don't tell him anymore that Brady's playing sports until it is TIME to leave. So, he has learned what shoes mean what sort of outing and so when he sees Brady's basketball shoes or softball shoes he gets REALLY excited!! ;)
Thursday Kolton and I went to Liz and Devin's house so that Kolton and Dalton could swim and play! They had fun together! I need to get Kolton's little kiddie pool out and let him swim!!

1 comment:
I LOVE the picture of Kolton eating his goldfish... I'm jealous that he's so good for you! I actually loved a lot of the pictures of him on your blog! The box, the one of him pushing Pierson... they're all so cute. You're such a fun and good Mommy!
Post a Comment