Kolton learned this trick this last week. Brady will put him on the window seat and he'll jump free-falling style and land on his belly. This kid isn't scared of anything that involves being a daredevil.
Saturday was Brady's birthday so Friday night I stayed up late and laid out his presents on the couch so he could see them in the morning when he got up to get ready for work. He got some of his favorite foods and a case of Gatorade (which he hasn't had in forever!) and some special insoles that are just for your heels to help with his pain and an App Store gift card. Nothing too terribly exciting but things that he needed! :)
Kolton helped me make his cake that day. Brady likes this cake that Brittney makes so we thought I'd make it for him for his birthday--with a few changes. ;) I used double the amount of frosting Brittney does (because Brady likes the frosting) and put some in the middle and on top. I had a few issues with the frosting but it ended up tasting fine!
We sang Happy Birthday to him after he got home from work and ate some cake!
It is nothing to look at but it was a lemon cake and it was SO moist and SO good!!
Brady's bosses let him get off work an hour early that day as a surprise birthday present. :) He surprised me and so dinner wasn't ready when he got home unexpectedly an hour early so we went and got some fast food. He REALLY wanted Taco Bueno so we went and got him some of that and then also rented the movie Sherlock Holmes from redbox. That was a pretty good movie I must say. :) Despite having to work I think he had a good day! My parents sent him money and he knew exactly what he wanted to do with it--tint his windows on the Mustang. We took it in this week and it looks SO much better with the windows tinted. He loves it!!
Then Sunday we celebrated his birthday with his family after church. We had lots of Mexican food and Brady got some more presents. I also got a present so that was fun! ;)
On Wednesday afternoon Kolton had his 2 1/2 year check up at the doctor. He is growing like a champ! One year ago on the 29th of June 2009 he weighed 26 lbs (52nd percentile). Wednesday, the 30th of June 2010 he weight 32 lbs (74th percentile). So he's turning in to a little chunky monkey! ;) Not really--he's actually pretty skinny!! One year ago he was 33 inches (83rd percentile) and now he is 37.75 inches (86th percentile) so he's staying on the same track with his height. Just in the last 6 months he's grown 2.75 inches. He always wants to eat and apparently he actually needs it! ;)
We finally put Kolton's TV up high yesterday! Yay!! We've been meaning to do this for months and just never have gotten around to it. BUT, its up and I'm happy! Kolton also got two new movies. :) A Curious George movie (really just a bunch of episodes on DVD) and then Horton Hears a Who. They were on sale for pretty cheap at Best Buy so we thought we'd surprise him. He loves them!

1 comment:
I love that picture of Kolton flying above the bed! Fun times!
Post a Comment