Wednesday, November 17, 2010

POTTY TRAINING

Kolton is an awesome kid. He does things normal children don't do. LIKE...He asks to go to bed. I don't know why he does this but he always has. Its wonderful! ;) (There are time when I say its time to go to bed and he doesn't want to, but 6 out of 7 nights a week he asks to go to bed.) Sometimes I'll be folding laundry (like this day) and notice I haven't heard him for a while and I go searching and find him all tucked in his bed taking a mid morning nap.
Kolton loves to paint. He loves to paint pictures for his dad especially. We bought one of those books where when you get it wet it turns colors. Anyway, he loves to paint them for Brady and I love it too because it isn't messy at all.

Dun, dun, dun DUN! Look what we started Saturday, the 6th of November...

POTTY TRAINING Kolton!!

He's a big boy now with his super cool underwear! ;) I wasn't planning on starting on Saturday at all. It all started when Friday night our friends came over and brought some ice cream. It was such a surprise to see Shana and Kit! We were excited! ;) Anyway, I was talking to Shana about how I was planning on starting Kolton with potty training in a couple months. Then I kind of entertained the idea of starting the next week but wasn't sure. She gave me some tips and things that worked with Brigham. I got to thinking about Kolton and he really was showing TONS of signs that he was ready to be potty trained. I DID NOT want to start too early. I would rather have him in diapers for an extra few months then to have to clean up pee 8 times a day so I wanted to be sure it was going to be quick. So on Saturday we went and bought him 20 pairs of underwear. :)

Well, lucky for us he has done MARVELOUSLY! He was ready! He peed his pants on Saturday (expected) but he did not like that very much. He also has a strong desire for Brady and I to be happy with him so he doesn't like to disappoint. We are still working with going "number 2" on the toilet but he's holding strong with the peeing! ;) (When he has an accident in his pants going "number 2" he tends to pee with it but I ignore it and just talk to him about the other side...) I'm so proud with how well he has done! On day 1 of potty training he was already going to the bathroom by himself to go pee without even telling us he needed to go! So, I'd say it has been a success! It definitely pays to wait until they are ready!! SO much easier!!
At first he got treats when he went potty in the toilet (he doesn't anymore--only for going "number 2"). I know, he got big treats (like oreos and milk, pudding cup etc.) but I didn't have little candies so this is what worked. :) He's pretty excited about the huge bite he's about to take! ;)


Liz (Dalton's mom) invited us to the park last week and the weather was amazing! Kolton had such a fun time on the slides, swings, playing baseball, rolling down hills, eating a pizza lunchable (his first one).



Last Wednesday Kolton got a letter in the mail from Grandma and Grandpa Moffett. He was SO excited to open it and see what was inside.

MONEY!! He couldn't wait to go buy something with HIS money!

He carried the card around with him for 2 days straight. Everywhere he went (even just within the house) he wanted the card with him. It was a special treat to get a card in the mail from Grandma and Grandpa telling him how proud they were of him going potty on the toilet.

Thursday night I helped throw a shower for Shana. She's having a little girl the end of December. It was such a great shower! I'm so happy it turned out so well!! I made my first diaper cake to give her as my present. It was relatively easy, I thought! I rolled the inner diapers just in a roll and put a rubber band around them. Then the outer diapers and overlapped them and made them go around the inner layer so it looked more finished (in my opinion). Brittney helped me hold them all in place as we pinned the fabric around each layer so that they'd stay in place. I had bought several things to put on the cake as decoration but I just felt like it was too cluttered so I took them off. I liked the "cleaner" look better. I did keep a few things on (namely those ADORABLE little boots on top--LOVE them!). Brittney also made one of those flowers in to a hair clip so Graci can wear it when she's born.

Thursday I went down to Shana's house and met Mindy there and we three started making the rest of the food. (I know, Shana helped--LAME!) We made some awesome chicken tortilla soup with homemade tortilla chips and shredded rotisserie chicken with several toppings. There was also cornbread, a fruit platter, caramel and chocolate dipped pretzels, oreo truffles, wafer cookies, pink jelly beans, a banana cake, and punch. It was delicious!!


Here's the group! Shana had so many people there that love her! She got SO many wonderful things for her little girl!

Friday night Kolton went to a birthday party for his friend Kashton. It was a superhero party so they each got to make a superhero mask. I cut the eyes for Kolton but let him cut the rest. he also put the stickers on. He LOVED wearing it!

When we got home Brady and him went through the goodie bag and found some yummy treats!

Kolton shared his stickers with me!
Well, we are off to a Thunder game! Yay! Kind of a last minute thing but when you find SUPER cheap tickets you HAVE to jump on them...right?? ;)

5 comments:

Jamie said...

We've been doing the potty training thing too. I like the oreos & pudding idea. Good luck!

K Bailey said...

Yeah for Kolton!!! I'm a firm believer in waiting until they're ready too. Much easier for all people invovled!!!

The Foys said...

Such a fun post... Kolton looks like such a big boy in the picture where he's on the couch with his hoodie on and the underwear on his lap! You have been a busy woman! Hope you guys had fun at the Thunder game!

sarahjeanne said...

fun to read all the latest happenings... i'll definitely be calling you when i ever have one that is ready for potty training. i have NO idea how you do it.

The Neales said...

Kolton's hair is getting long! Love it! good luck with the potty training! It sounds like he is doing pretty good for starting out!!!

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers