
Brady decided he wanted to learn how to change the oil on our cars a couple weeks ago too. So, he went and bought everything he'd need and went at it. Kolton loved helping him by giving him tools and towels and holding the flashlight when it started to get dark. Brady has loved learning little things about the cars. The next Saturday he rotated all the tires (he was super sore afterwards :)) and keeps finding all these things to do with the cars.

We had preschool at our house last week and Kolton was SUPER excited for the letter we were learning about...

He loves the letter "K!" He points it out to me all the time when we are out and he sees it on signs and stuff. He especially loved making his kite all by himself! He did the gluing and all the placing of the pieces. All three boys did a really good job!

Things started getting crazy when they pulled out the tent and started running around in it and falling to the ground! It was hilarious! They were cracking up the WHOLE time! We also went to the park and got to run and roll down hills and play at the playground. They had LOTS of energy!

Thanksgiving we went to Brady's parents house a little after noon. "Dinner" was at 1:00. I brought a vegetable tray (I opted for that instead of pies--my usual), deviled eggs, and fruit salad. The food was SO yummy! One of my favorite parts is the stuffing. I would NEVER even taste stuffing growing up but now I love it! Funny how things like that happen! ;)

Kolton got a ride on the go-kart even though it was 40 outside! I took no part in that! Lucky he had his dad and Madison! :)


The boys did lot of playing and reading books. They had a car track set up that they were rolling balls down and then making them land in boxes. They thought that was pretty cool!

Kolton has become obsessed with his chapstick. Brady bought him his very own chapstick and he thinks he is SO cool walking around with it in his pocket.


I was not planning on going out early for black Friday at all. In fact several people asked me if I was going to and I kept saying "heck no!" But then I randomly decided to go at MIDNIGHT (yes, I'm crazy!) with Shana and Mindy. I didn't get anything insanely awesome or anything, but I had fun! I got home at about 5:45, went to bed, and then got up at 9:30 and went out with Brady and Kolton. :) We had some interesting confrontations (its crazy on Black Friday) but we had a good time!

Sunday we set up the Christmas tree. Kolton was so excited. He was bouncing off the walls!



He even got to put the star on top!

He is so excited for Christmas! He is so confused, though. He thought it was Christmas now that the tree was up and thought Santa was going to come and he could open presents the next morning. I tried explaining to him that it was Christmas time but not Christmas.
SO, to hopefully help his understanding we are doing a countdown to Christmas. Vanessa made this really cool advent calendar but I didn't have the time to copy it at this point :) so I bought 24 favor boxes from the $ store and wrapped them.
They each have a different activity for us to do that is Christmasy (well, I could only think of 16 activities so 8 have candy in them) and are all under the tree so each day he can open one and then when they are all gone it will be Christmas. Hopefully this will help him understand. Today is December 1st so we'll see what we are going to do today... :)Check out them lions!
Kolton had school at Kade's house yesterday and the learned about "L." I think they look so cute!On a side note, Kolton hasn't had an accident in over a week! I'm so proud!
For FHE on Monday we introduced Kolton to his chore chart. He has 4 things he has to do every day: brush his teeth, make his bed, cleanup his toys at night before he goes to bed, and set the table for dinner. Each time he does one he gets to put a sticker on his page and after 28 stickers he gets a treat. He's SO excited and loves doing all his chores! I need to enjoy it now while I can because in a couple years he'll dread them! ;)

3 comments:
Jen you guys are so cute!
I'm so glad you had a good thanksgiving and Mindy and I had a blast with you! Thanks for coming with us!
I should totally help you make your advent calander next year(not tha it's hard but that it just takes a lot of time) BUT I love the boxes to unwrap!!!! And I love love love the pic of Kotlon and his chap stick!!! I really love that little guy! and totally jealous of your pre lit tree!...lights are THE worst!
I love his Wii bowling form!
Post a Comment