Friday, December 31, 2010

Kolton's 3rd Birthday

Is he really 3? Seriously?! Its so weird to me! I used to think 3 year olds were so old! Now I look at them and they seem so little to me! I can't believe I have a 3 year old! All at the same time, though, I feel like he is SO much older. That he's been with us for way longer than 3 years!
For his birthday we went to see Tangled at the movie theater. He's been to the movies two or three times his whole life so he was super excited to go! (Brady had to go to the doctor on his birthday so he was home from work so he got to go with us!) When we pulled up to the movie theater he said, "This movie theater is wonderful and beautiful!" Ha! He's funny!
When we got in to the theater and sat down all of a sudden he said he wanted to go home and was scared. He said he didn't want to see the "big TV" and tried to convince us to leave. I knew he'd like it if he would just stay so I kept telling him he'd be fine. Finally I just told him that if he wanted to leave then go ahead but that Daddy and I were going to stay there. I thought for sure he'd just sit down...but nope! He walked down or isle, down the stairs and around the corner. I quickly got up to go get him and came around the corner as he was walking out the door of the theater. I couldn't believe he'd just go! He's generally way to shy to do that! I picked him up and told him we needed to go back in. He said he wanted to go home and go to bed instead of watching the movie. Poor guy! Being tortured on his birthday! :) Well, we went back in and the SECOND the curtain came up and the intro to the theater started he was fine and turned to Brady and said that he liked the movie theater! He really enjoyed the movie and so did Brady and I. It was cute!
As we were walking out he wanted to go in to the arcade room. So, we walked in just as these two boys were finishing up racing the car racing game. They got up and Kolton sat down and for some reason the game was starting up another race. So, Kolton and Brady got to race together and Kolton did really well steering!
When we walked in to the theater the ground was wet and so Brady was holding his jeans up so they wouldn't get wet. When we left Kolton decided he needed to do the same thing and pulled his jeans up too (even though the ground wasn't wet anymore).

That night we had Brady's family over to eat dinner and open presents. Our house is TOO small to have that many people in our little living room! Oh goodness! Kolton had fun opening his presents though! For dinner we had pizza (I made a cheese one just for Kolton), cheetos, salad, vegetables and dip (he loves it! and will actually eat it over candy--weird, I know!) and capri suns.

He was excited for his Thunder hoodie from Jeff and his family. :)



This is his present from Grandma and Grandpa Moffett. With every paper he pulled out he got more and more excited and he'd get a little peak at what was inside before the paper would move and cover it up again. He'd yell "Dragon!" or "Motorcycle" every time! It was cute!

The little stinker cheated and started to blow his candles out before we had finished singing. He was SO excited for us to sing Happy Birthday to him. All day he kept asking me to sing it to him. He loved that it was actually time to have it sung to him! :)


The next morning he got to eat a left over cupcake and capri sun for breakfast. I'm such a cool mom. ;)

He loves to play with this motorcycle. It only has two buttons so its easy for him to navigate. Its one of the favorite toys when friends come over.
Things we love about Kolton:
He is SO sweet! In fact he loves to make Brady and I happy to the point that he'll give up whatever he has if we want it. I love it!
He's an amazing eater! He'll practically eat anything (except Beef Strogonaff).
He loves to sing songs. His favorites are "I am a Child of God," "Popcorn Popping," and "Jesus Wants me for a Sunbeam."
He ALWAYS wants to say prayer and when he does he's very thoughtful with what he says. He'll go through his whole day and thank Heavenly Father for each thing he was able to do.
He loves Orange Juice.
He asks me all the time if I'm happy. If I say no, he'll ask if I'm just a "lil-bitit" happy, hoping I'll say yes to that. He's very sensitive to our emotions (which makes disciplining easy generally).
If we did something a week ago, a month ago...any time before today then we did it "last morning."
He's already better at directions then I am. :) He knows what stores are which way and is a pretty good back seat driver. We always know when the light is red or green so we won't miss it.
He loves to color! He's gotten pretty good at drawing people. I love it!
Every boy's name starts with "K" according to him.
He loves loves loves to cuddle. When he cuddles with dad, he expects a belly rub or arm tickle or even leg tickle-whatever he can get. ;)
He knows all his shapes, colors, can count to 20 (with a few made up numbers mixed in there), can recognize his numbers up to 5 and a few above, and most of his alphabet.
He weighs 33.5 lbs (65th percentile) and is 39 inches tall (85th percentile). He's such a skinny minny. We've had to buy him more jeans this winter because his 3T were turning in to high waters and I have to cinch the waste 6 loops on each side (so 12 loops total) and they still aren't tight enough around his waste so we have to add a belt.
You pull out a camera he stops what he's doing and cheeses. :)
He's a good cleaner and reminds me to pick up before Daddy comes home from work almost every day.
He loves his Daddy more and more each day. He's still a momma's boy but his bond with his Dad is stronger then its ever been. In fact, every Sunday he wants Daddy to pick him up from his class--not me.
He loves to be outside and do anything sports related!
He loves animals and told me his favorite is a penguin.
His favorite shows are Curious George and the Cat in the Hat.
His favorite movies (right now) are the Toy Story movies. Toy Story 2 is his favorite of the three.
He tells you he loves you all the time in the sweetest little voice. It melts me every time!
I know there is more that I just can't think of right now. We love him to pieces and enjoy the fun times we get to share with him!
Look how he's grown!
(One week old)

(one month shy of being 3 years old)

1 comment:

K Bailey said...

Fun! Happy 3rd Kolton! I meant to tell you on Sunday...I did get the blog book! :)

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers