Last Sunday was Kolton's first week as a Sunbeam in Primary at church. The primary president told me who is teacher was, so throughout the week I had been talking about Sis. Maruska and how she was going to be his new teacher and showed him what she looked like and everything. I don't know if I've created this or if Kolton is just like this, but he does better with new things (or anything really) if I explain it all to him and tell him before hand what is going to happen. He doesn't like to be surprised. :) Anyway, Brady and I had been talking about his teacher and Primary all week so that he'd hopefully be prepared. We didn't know what to expect, though, as far as him adjusting to a new teacher (and not having toys to play with :)). Come time for Primary I took him to the primary room and they have two sunbeam classes and he was on the list for the other teacher. Crap. I love the other teacher, she's a sweetheart, it just wasn't who I told Kolton was going to be his teacher. I sat him down in the chair and told him that Sis. Maruska wasn't his teacher. His bottom lip started to quiver and I thought...well...I guess the adjustment isn't going to be easy...Other parents started coming in and they were confused because their children were listed with the opposite teacher then they thought as well. So, we asked a member of the primary presidency and she switched them all. The SECOND Kolton sat down next to his teacher he smiled and never looked back. Hallelujah! Brady and I have done our fair share of peaking on him in singing and sharing time and looks adorable! He just sits straight up in his chair with either his hands on his lap or raised up in the air to volunteer. He LOVES it and LOVES his teacher. We are so excited for him and still can't believe he has done so well!
After church I tried to take a picture of him and he was so excited he wouldn't sit still :) so these are what I have...



He's a little Sunbeam now! So adorable!
2 comments:
Cute! It's tough when they are literally days away from being in nursery again so they are the youngest sunbeam. We had that with Bergen and his bday on Dec. 27th.
I am glad that he is doing so well in Sunbeams. I was worried about Kashton too and when I asked if Kolton was in his class he told me no, but its okay cause I get to see him while we sing.
Post a Comment