Tuesday, March 1, 2011

We have a dog again...

Kolton has been striving for ultimate independence. He wants to get his own drinks, his own cereal, his own sandwich, his own spoon a lot of the time now. He still has his moments where he wants me to feed him his pizza so his hands don't get dirty or feed him his cereal so he can watch his show etc. but I catch him all the time trying to do things on his own. Like one morning I got out of the shower and he was in the kitchen filling his cup up with water. He has also become more and more attached to his dad. When Brady is home, only Brady can wipe his bum. Haha! One evening Brady and I were sitting in the living room and Kolton was going to the bathroom. A conversation began and went like this:
K: Dat! (his way of saying dad)
B: What?
K: Can you come here?
B: Why?
K: Because.
B: Because why?
K: Because.
B: No, because isn't an answer. Tell me why.
K: (after a long pause) Whhhyyy.
B: (snicker) No, tell me why you want me to come to you.
K: (another long pause) Why you want me come you...
B: (laughing) No, Kolton, why do you need me to come to you? Do you need me to do something?
K: Yes, I need you to wipe my bum.
So, Brady went in there and as he entered the bathroom Kolton said, "Dat, I was telling you to come and you weren't understanding me." It was funny! Brady obviously knew what he needed but he wanted Kolton to tell him and Kolton wasn't understanding what Brady was needing. It was funny to listen to.
We went to the park one evening and ate some dinner and played. I love it when the weather is nice and you can go do things like that! I wish Kolton was looking at me in this picture of him on the slide but I still like it!


Duh duh duh DUH! Our new dog! Kolton, for whatever reason, likes to pretend he's a dog when he's in a silly mood. He plays fetch and has us use all the commands we would use with our dogs. Pretty much every night when I tell him to go get his pajamas from his room for me to put them on he comes out with a ball in his mouth pretending to be a dog.

My parents bought Kolton this suit months ago and he finally wore it on Sunday. I love little boys in suits!

This morning "Clifford" was at our house and needed to eat some dog food. So, we got cereal, put it on a plate on the floor and he ate it all up. He's a big dog so he needs to eat lots of food. :)





After one plate was done, he'd ask for more. He did this 3 times.

Saturday morning Brady took Kolton to the Lowe's Build and Grow. This was Kolton's first time and he loved, loved, loved it! He loved using tools and loved making a race car. He thought it was the coolest thing! He can't wait to do it again! Brady kept trying to take pictures (because he knew I'd want them!) but Kolton wouldn't look at him he was so excited and distracted. Brady kept trying though, and was excited to show me when he got home that he had taken like 8 pictures on his phone. Yes, I'm a picture nazi. :)


Right after they got home from the build and grow I left and went to the church for some lunch and a workshop at our Relief Society Super Saturday. While I was gone I got a text from Brady that said, "Me: You know what Kolton? I love Mommy! Kolton: Yeah she's the best!" So, even though Brady is slowly pulling my little boy away :), he still thinks I'm the best!

3 comments:

Analisa-creator of hairblingzcutethings said...

haha, so cute. our kids would get along great, they love to pretend they are dogs and cats! keep traing your kids to call for dad for things like that..and the middle of night wake ups!

The Foys said...

If I could find a puppy that was a fraction as cute as Kolton is, I would buy a million of them! I mean, he potty trained as if he's been using the toilet his entire life, he sleeps like a pro and he's super smart and handsome! That's the kind of dog that I want! Also, I love his suit :0)

K Bailey said...

I'd take a pretend dog over a real bunny any day!

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers