The Monday after Thanksgiving (the 28th of November) we set up the Christmas tree. I love having a Christmas tree in my house! That day while Brady was at work Kolton helped me get all the boxes down and out of the attic. He was more excited than I was to set up the tree! When Brady got home from work we quickly ate dinner and then started doing the tree. Kolton practically did all the ornaments by himself while Brady and I watched on. He loved, loved, loved it!

We kept asking him if he was done and he kept telling us that we have to do ALL the ornaments! Not just a "lil bit it."
He finished the tree with two branches looking like this. Covered in ornaments! I was planning on moving the ornaments around once he went to bed to space them out better. However, later on that evening, one of his ornaments fell. I picked it up and put it on the tree. He came out to the living room a little bit later and noticed right away that that ornament was not where he put it. I couldn't believe he remembered where he had put them all! I decided to just leave the rest of them where he put them. He was proud of the way he decorated and that made me love it!
Its so much fun to do things like putting up your Christmas tree together. I love the light in his eyes that he gets when he's so excited to do something! Makes everything worth it! (That night he asked if Santa was going to come since we put up the tree...I felt bad telling him he had a whole month before Santa would come!)








No comments:
Post a Comment