Wednesday, December 14, 2011

Thanksgiving


Thanksgiving started with baths.  ;) This isn't from Thanksgiving, but I just saw it on my phone and wanted to include it.  Kolton had fun with his hair this time and thought it was so cool that we had to take a picture!
 We got up bright and early and headed to South Moore's football field to watch Brady play football.  We stopped at 7-Eleven to get my annual hot chocolate.  I got one for Kolton too and told Brady that he'd probably take one sip and then be done.  Guess who was right?! :) When we got there Kolton decided he wanted to run around the track that goes around the football field.  I video taped it on my phone but he's so small that its hard to see him.  He ran around more than half of the track before deciding it was too cold.  I was impressed, though! His little legs were moving so fast! When he got back to us, Adam Smith offered him one of the donuts that were there for the men.  Kolton jumped on that one! :) We had fun watching the guys play! Brady played quarterback for most of the game and did really well.  Kolton would yell "Go Daddy!" really loud and would then follow it up with "Daddy! I love you!!" About 3/4 of the way through Kolton really wanted to go play with the big guys.  Unfortunately for him, he still has several years before he's old enough to do so :) but Bishop Orr was kind enough to play some football with Kolton.  They passed the ball back and forth some, but most of the time was spent with Bishop holding the ball for Kolton and Kolton kicking it.  He had a blast!
We were in charge of bringing deviled eggs (well, actually, I'm not asked to bring these...I just bring them because I love them!), mashed potatoes, and a pie.  Earlier that week I was chatting with my friend, Liz Smith, and she mentioned that she loved deviled eggs but didn't know how to make them, so on Thanksgiving morning I made a double batch and we took some over to her for them to enjoy.  They ended up giving us a pie in return so we ended up on top! :) I rarely make mashed potatoes...mainly because I am not good at it.  They either end up too potato-y or too milky...I just can't figure it out.  I will say, though, the mashed potatoes I made on Thanksgiving were really good! Brady even loved them! I was proud! :) We headed over to the Brammer's at 12:30 or so for our 1:00 dinner.  We all ate the traditional, yummy Thanksgiving foods and then headed outside to play some games.  It was super freezing that morning, but that afternoon it was really nice! We played good ol' four square.  I seriously had not played that since elementary school and had to be reminded of the rules.  It was so much fun, though! It was great to be out and doing something instead of just sitting around like you usually do right after you eat Thanksgiving dinner. 

Kolton and London had fun cheering us on! They would even go run after the ball for us when it would go rolling away so we didn't have to.  :) 
 I pretty much got out any time the ball came in to my square.  Haha.  Ok, not literally...but it was pretty close to that! I still had fun, though! I think I made it to the "king square" one time, so that's pretty good! :)



 Some people thought it was funny to team up and work together to get people out...namely Brady and his mom. 

 After four square we tried our hand at jump rope.  That was fun too! I put this picture in because it makes me laugh.  :)
 Kolton picked up on the jump roping super fast! If you didn't know any better you'd have thought he'd been jump roping for a while because he did awesome!
We had a good Thanksgiving and are so lucky to have so many things to be grateful for! I'm so glad we have a holiday that forces us to recognize our blessings! It was a good day!
I was reading blogs and realized I forgot to put this in here...Kolton made this at the Foys one day while I was at work.  I'm not sure why he wrote his name backwards but it makes me laugh.  ;) Brittney explained to them what being "thankful" means and asked them to tell her what things they are thankful for.  The list that Kolton came up with is:
-The prophet--President Monson
-Toys (they are cool)
-Daddy and momma (love each other)
-Soap, bath clean (I think he copied this one from Kade)
-Go to jumpzone and park
-Church
-New bed and own tv in my room
-Games
-Watch birds outside
 I think that is such a sweet list! I love it!

1 comment:

Nessa said...

We seriously need to play four square again soon...so fun! LOVE the picture of Jeffrey!

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers